Metorologist: Summer Is Finally Here
Meteorologist Mincho Praznikov told the TV7 channel that this summer in Bulgaria will be hot and sunny as usual, in spite the concerns that it will be short and wet.
According to him, the best time for the summer vacation will be the second half of July, when the weather will be perfect for a beach vacation.
“The forecast for July is for lots of sun and less afternoon showers,” Praznikov said.
The second half of June will also be ideal for vacations on the beach or in the mountains.
The first half of next week will see a slight drop in the temperatures and more rain, but in the second half the weather will stabilize.
According to Praznikov, it was too early to speak of drastic changes of the climate in Bulgaria. “Perhaps in 40-50 years we could talk about moving of the tropical belt northwards, but it is still early,” he said. In Praznikov's words, this extremely wet spring was more of an anomaly, rather than a trend and cannot be considered a sign of climate change.
- » Bulgaria ex-IntMin Awarded for Response to Sarafovo Bus Bombing
- » Education Minister Labels Schoolbooks' Content as Powder Keg
- » Refugees in Bulgaria 'Segregated Like Roma'
- » Woman Finds Live Worms in Cookie Package
- » Bulgaria Ready to Support International Criminal Court – Chief Prosecutor
- » BAS To Investigate UFO Claims