Metorologist: Summer Is Finally Here
Meteorologist Mincho Praznikov told the TV7 channel that this summer in Bulgaria will be hot and sunny as usual, in spite the concerns that it will be short and wet.
According to him, the best time for the summer vacation will be the second half of July, when the weather will be perfect for a beach vacation.
“The forecast for July is for lots of sun and less afternoon showers,” Praznikov said.
The second half of June will also be ideal for vacations on the beach or in the mountains.
The first half of next week will see a slight drop in the temperatures and more rain, but in the second half the weather will stabilize.
According to Praznikov, it was too early to speak of drastic changes of the climate in Bulgaria. “Perhaps in 40-50 years we could talk about moving of the tropical belt northwards, but it is still early,” he said. In Praznikov's words, this extremely wet spring was more of an anomaly, rather than a trend and cannot be considered a sign of climate change.
- » Sofia Science Festival to Feature Rosetta Mission's Chief Scientist
- » Heavy Rain, Expected in Bulgaria on Tuesday, Hail Possible
- » Bulgarian Faithful Hold Easter Procession with 'Virgin Mary Icon'
- » Bulgaria Enforces Restrictions to Truck Movement for Holiday Returns
- » Alexander Nevsky Cathedral to Remain Open All Night on Sunday
- » Bulgarian Police Estimate 20 000 Drivers Have No Licenses