Almost Half of Bulgaria's Beaches Unguarded in Summer 2014
A total of 45% or 83 out of the 193 beaches at Bulgaria's Black Sea coast will be left unguarded this summer, the Regional Development Ministry reported.
Some 46 of them are situated in the southern region of Burgas. Compared to 2013, about 20 more beaches will remain unsupervised by lifeguards, and the municipalities of Burgas, Varna and Dobrich should have already put warning signs, Expert.bg informs.
Among the unguarded beaches are those in the southern villages of Aheloi, Irakli, camping Delfin, Sarafovo, Tsarevo, as well as the children summer camps in Obzor and Rezovo.
The municipality in Tsarevo has the highest number of a total of 16 unsupervised beaches.
- » Bulgaria With Potential to Contribute to EU-China Partnership
- » Bulgarian’s Voyages Abroad Up By ¼
- » Number of UAE Tourists Showing Interest in Bulgaria’s Nature Increases
- » Over 1,000 Cruise Passengers Arrive at Burgas Port
- » 15th Edition of Food and Beverage Tourism Fair Held in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Airport Reports Strong Growth of Passengers