Bulgaria Sees Off Last Military Contingent to Afghanistan
Bulgaria will send its 27th and last military contingent to Afghanistan as part of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), on June 10.
The official ceremony will take place in the city of Kazanlak and will be attended by the Defense Minister Angel Naydenov, Chief of Defense General Simeon Simeonov and the Permanent Undersecretary of Defense Dobromir Totev.
The 27th Bulgarian contingent comprises of about 360 members of the armed forces, 22 of whom female, and will perform security tasks in the internal perimeter of the Kandahar airport, Bulgaria's Defense Ministry informed.
- » Bulgaria's New Fighter Jets Should Be Included in 2016 Budget - ex-Chief of Defense
- » Bulgaria's Answer To US Tanks Is 'No' – Chief Of Defence
- » Bulgaria Has Not Received Request for Deployment of NATO Tanks
- » US Army Might Deploy Tanks to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Soldiers to Depart for NATO's New Mission in Afghanistan
- » Bulgaria Hosts Int'l Conference on Ukraine, Middle East