Bulgaria Sees Off Last Military Contingent to Afghanistan
Bulgaria will send its 27th and last military contingent to Afghanistan as part of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), on June 10.
The official ceremony will take place in the city of Kazanlak and will be attended by the Defense Minister Angel Naydenov, Chief of Defense General Simeon Simeonov and the Permanent Undersecretary of Defense Dobromir Totev.
The 27th Bulgarian contingent comprises of about 360 members of the armed forces, 22 of whom female, and will perform security tasks in the internal perimeter of the Kandahar airport, Bulgaria's Defense Ministry informed.
- » Bulgaria’s Defence Ministry Warns against Operating Drones above Sofia May 3-May 6
- » Bulgaria, US Begin Preparations for Joint Air Training “Thracian Eagle 2016”
- » Ex-DefMin Appointed Head of Bulgaria's Defense Institute
- » Bulgaria, Croatia to Boost Regional, Transborder Defence Cooperation
- » Bulgarian Defence Minister Embarks on Two-Day Official Visit to Croatia
- » Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine Discuss Setting up Joint Army Brigade