Bulgaria Sees Off Last Military Contingent to Afghanistan
Bulgaria will send its 27th and last military contingent to Afghanistan as part of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), on June 10.
The official ceremony will take place in the city of Kazanlak and will be attended by the Defense Minister Angel Naydenov, Chief of Defense General Simeon Simeonov and the Permanent Undersecretary of Defense Dobromir Totev.
The 27th Bulgarian contingent comprises of about 360 members of the armed forces, 22 of whom female, and will perform security tasks in the internal perimeter of the Kandahar airport, Bulgaria's Defense Ministry informed.
- » Bulgaria Military Intelligence to Open Up its Communist-Era Archives
- » Bulgaria’s Chief of Defence Staff to Attend Annual Balkan Countries CHODs Conference
- » Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece to Ink Agreement on Joint Contact Center, Border Patrols
- » Bulgaria to Launch New Fighter Jet Acquisition Process by End-June
- » Bulgarian Parliament Adopts Bill Regulating Security Services at First Reading
- » US, Bulgarian Military Personnel Begin Joint Exercise in Romania