Rafa Nadal Wins 9th French Open Title
World number 1 Rafael Nadal won his 9th French Open title, beating Novak Djokovic 3:1 (3:6, 7:5, 6:2, 6:4) in the final.
Nadal extended his absolute domination on clay court in Paris, where he has lost only once since 2005. Meanwhile, Djokovic was unable to reconquer his first position in the ATP ranking and also claim the only Grand Slam title that is missing in his trophy case.
Despite losing the first set, the Spaniard recovered quickly and took charge of the match. Djokovic put up a good fight throughout the match, but could not offer anything more. This was his second loss in a French Open final.
Besides a 9th French Open trophy, this is Nadal’s 14th Grand Slam title. Roger Federer, meanwhile has 17.
- » Sepp Blatter Re-Elected as FIFA President
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Announce Fate of CSKA, Lokomotiv Sofia on June 1
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Third Round of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Defeated in Second Round of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat, Ousted at Opening of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Beats Former No.1 at Opening of Roland Garros