Rafa Nadal Wins 9th French Open Title
World number 1 Rafael Nadal won his 9th French Open title, beating Novak Djokovic 3:1 (3:6, 7:5, 6:2, 6:4) in the final.
Nadal extended his absolute domination on clay court in Paris, where he has lost only once since 2005. Meanwhile, Djokovic was unable to reconquer his first position in the ATP ranking and also claim the only Grand Slam title that is missing in his trophy case.
Despite losing the first set, the Spaniard recovered quickly and took charge of the match. Djokovic put up a good fight throughout the match, but could not offer anything more. This was his second loss in a French Open final.
Besides a 9th French Open trophy, this is Nadal’s 14th Grand Slam title. Roger Federer, meanwhile has 17.
- » Tennis: Grigor Dimitrov Reaches ATP Istanbul Final
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Semifinals in Istanbul
- » Stiliyan Petrov Could Also Return to Bulgaria’s National Football Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Secures Tough Victory over World's No. 194
- » Bulgaria's Stiliyan Petrov Considers Renewing His Professional Football Career
- » Bulgaria's Haskovo to Recognise Grigor Dimitrov as Honorary Citizen