National Coach Lyuboslav Penev Takes Charge of Botev Plovdiv
Bulgaria's national football team coach Lyuboslav Penev will also lead top league club Botev Plovdiv from next season.
On Friday, the Bulgarian Football Union announced that it will allow Penev to combine the two jobs. The BFU President Borislav Mihaylov discussed the matter with the Executive Committee of the union and they agreed to give Penev the green light.
Penev will succeed Stanimir Stoilov at Botev, with an initial 1-year contract. The team finished 4th this season and also reached the final of the Bulgarian Cup, which makes them eligible to play in next season's Europa League.
The national team coach has previously been in charge of CSKA Sofia and Litex Lovech. He has often stated that he misses coaching a club team, since the national side meets only once every few months, when there are friendly matches or qualifiers.
- » World Football Elite Expected to Gather in Sofia in June
- » Bulgarian Athlete Becomes New Balkan Cycling Champion
- » Bulgaria's Top Tennis Players Retain WTA, ATP Rankings
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov 'Could Replace Coach'
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Overwhelmingly Defeats Wawrinka in Monte Carlo