National Coach Lyuboslav Penev Takes Charge of Botev Plovdiv
Bulgaria's national football team coach Lyuboslav Penev will also lead top league club Botev Plovdiv from next season.
On Friday, the Bulgarian Football Union announced that it will allow Penev to combine the two jobs. The BFU President Borislav Mihaylov discussed the matter with the Executive Committee of the union and they agreed to give Penev the green light.
Penev will succeed Stanimir Stoilov at Botev, with an initial 1-year contract. The team finished 4th this season and also reached the final of the Bulgarian Cup, which makes them eligible to play in next season's Europa League.
The national team coach has previously been in charge of CSKA Sofia and Litex Lovech. He has often stated that he misses coaching a club team, since the national side meets only once every few months, when there are friendly matches or qualifiers.
- » Anna Fenninger Records Second Victory at Ski World Cup in Bansko
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Drops Out of ATP Top Ten
- » Anna Fenninger Wins Alpine Skiing World Cup Combined Race in Bansko
- » Fenninger Wins First Run of World Cup Ladies Combined in Bansko
- » World Ski Cup Race in Bulgaria's Bansko Cancelled over Heavy Fog
- » Bulgaria's Litex Sells Colombian Striker for EUR 1.6 M to Chinese Team