National Coach Lyuboslav Penev Takes Charge of Botev Plovdiv
Bulgaria's national football team coach Lyuboslav Penev will also lead top league club Botev Plovdiv from next season.
On Friday, the Bulgarian Football Union announced that it will allow Penev to combine the two jobs. The BFU President Borislav Mihaylov discussed the matter with the Executive Committee of the union and they agreed to give Penev the green light.
Penev will succeed Stanimir Stoilov at Botev, with an initial 1-year contract. The team finished 4th this season and also reached the final of the Bulgarian Cup, which makes them eligible to play in next season's Europa League.
The national team coach has previously been in charge of CSKA Sofia and Litex Lovech. He has often stated that he misses coaching a club team, since the national side meets only once every few months, when there are friendly matches or qualifiers.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for Australian Open's 3rd Round
- » Grigor Dimitrov Makes It Past 1st Round at Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face World's No 231 in 1st Australian Open Game
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Tennis Ranking
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov Scoops Title at Brisbane International
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Reaches Brisbane Final