National Coach Lyuboslav Penev Takes Charge of Botev Plovdiv
Bulgaria's national football team coach Lyuboslav Penev will also lead top league club Botev Plovdiv from next season.
On Friday, the Bulgarian Football Union announced that it will allow Penev to combine the two jobs. The BFU President Borislav Mihaylov discussed the matter with the Executive Committee of the union and they agreed to give Penev the green light.
Penev will succeed Stanimir Stoilov at Botev, with an initial 1-year contract. The team finished 4th this season and also reached the final of the Bulgarian Cup, which makes them eligible to play in next season's Europa League.
The national team coach has previously been in charge of CSKA Sofia and Litex Lovech. He has often stated that he misses coaching a club team, since the national side meets only once every few months, when there are friendly matches or qualifiers.
- » Bulgaria to Earmark Funding for ATP Tour Event, Ski Championships Next Year
- » Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Gael Monfils in Exhibition Match Held in Sofia
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award