National Coach Lyuboslav Penev Takes Charge of Botev Plovdiv
Bulgaria's national football team coach Lyuboslav Penev will also lead top league club Botev Plovdiv from next season.
On Friday, the Bulgarian Football Union announced that it will allow Penev to combine the two jobs. The BFU President Borislav Mihaylov discussed the matter with the Executive Committee of the union and they agreed to give Penev the green light.
Penev will succeed Stanimir Stoilov at Botev, with an initial 1-year contract. The team finished 4th this season and also reached the final of the Bulgarian Cup, which makes them eligible to play in next season's Europa League.
The national team coach has previously been in charge of CSKA Sofia and Litex Lovech. He has often stated that he misses coaching a club team, since the national side meets only once every few months, when there are friendly matches or qualifiers.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Australia's Ebden to Progress to 2nd Round of US Open
- » Bulgarian Mountain Runner Sets New Record on Completing Kom-Emine Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis