Seychelles Founding President James Mancham Attends Reception in Sofia
Sir James Mancham, Founding President of the Republic of Seychelles, arrived in Bulgaria to attend a reception celebrating the 10th anniversary of the consular office in Sofia.
The reception was given by Maxim Behar, Honorary Consul of the Republic of Seychelles in Bulgaria.
Sir James Mancham, accompanied by Lady Mancham, who is visiting Bulgaria for the first time, had a meeting with Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin and was received by Simeon Saxe Coburg-Gotha and his wife at the Vrana residence prior to the reception.
He also had meetings with former Bulgarian President Petar Stoyanov and Solomon and Gergana Passy.
"To me it is an honor to be at this unique party, attended by intelligent and successful people, who came to show their respect to our country and our honorary consul. Our government has given Mr. Behar a very high estimate. His participation in a number of international organizations, his constant work to improve the image of the Republic of Seychelles and his love for our country cannot remain unnoticed by President James Michel and Foreign Minister Jean-Paul Adam," Sir Mancham said in his statement.
He claimed that the description of the Republic of Seychelles as a small country was untrue, stressing that any country which was surrounded by water on all sides could not be a small country.
"What I have always found attractive about the Seychelles are the people first and foremost, not only the environment. They are smiling, hard-working, dedicated and responsible," said Maxim Behar, who was appointed Honorary Consul of the Republic of Seychelles in Bulgaria ten years ago through a decree of President James Michel.
The reception was attended by government representatives, diplomats and businessmen.
- » Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva will be on a Two-Day Visit to France
- » A European Funding will be Provided for the Construction of the Railway Link Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » President of the House of Representatives of Greece: 'Greece will be Side by Side with Bulgaria During the Presidency of the Council of the EU'
- » Bulgarian PM: 'EU Agreement with Turkey Must be Preserved'
- » Bulgaria and the UK will Continue Their Cooperation to Ensure Security in Europe,
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and European Council President Donald Tusk: 'Western Balkans Are Important for the EU'