Foods With Bulgarian Ingredients To Be Marked With a Special Sign
Foods, made solely of Bulgarian ingredients, will be marked with a special sign, said Vice PM Daniela Bobeva in Parliament.
The amendments to the food standards regarding the new sign, will guarantee that those products are made only of locally sourced ingredients.
Bobeva also said that some of the definitions will be “softened” at the second reading of the amendments to the Competition Protection Act in its part on the retail chains.
According to her, the term “considerable market power” will be replaced by “strong negotiating position” and the number of unfair trade practices will be limited to six.
Those changes, according to Bobeva, have already been discussed with the retail sector and the producers.
- » Insider Monkey: Top 7 Places to Visit in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Economy Minister Calls for VAT Registration Threshold Hike to BGN 100 000
- » Uber Appeals Fines by Competition Protection Commission in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Antitrust Watchdog Launches Sector Analysis of Fuel Retailing Market
- » Hurried Eurozone Entry Would Have Negative Impact on Bulgaria’s Economy – Deputy PM
- » IMF ‘Stands Ready to Assist Greece’ – If Asked