Bulgaria Asks for Increased NATO Military Presence
Bulgaria's government asked NATO for more active use of the Bulgarian-US military bases in the country and increased number of NATO troops, said Defense Minister Angel Naidenov.
On Thursday he announced that during the meeting of the NATO member states defense ministers earlier this week, he asked for a higher number of multinational military exercises in Bulgaria, including in the air space and the territorial waters.
Earlier this week US President Barack Obama said he was drafting a USD 1 B increase in the funding of the US military presence in Eastern Europe.
“We are yet to make the calculations and only then it will become clear what share of this sum will be allocated for exercises in Bulgaria,” Naidenov said.
- » International Scientific Conference on "Future Armed Forces 2040'' Will Begin Today
- » Erdogan: Turkey is taking Steps for the Acquiring of Ballistic Missiles
- » Border Officers will Receive the Right to Conduct Investigations
- » The US Senate Approved a Huge Budget of USD 700 Billion for the Pentagon
- » Military Training near North Korea by China, Russia, the United States and South Korea
- » The Turkish Army Organizes Military Exercises to the Border with Iraq