Budget Committee in Parliament Approves State Debt Emission
The budget committee in Parliament approved the emission of a new state debt of Bulgaria, reports BNT.
The loan of around BGN 3 B, according to Finance Minister Petar Chobanov, will be used for paying off old debts and covering the budget deficit. He said that no matter when the early elections will be held, the country will remain in a stable financial position.
“We can see, that practically all or almost all indicators show that we are in a good situation,” Chobanov said. “We have the lowest inflation, lowest long-term interest rates, lowest budget deficit and definitely lowest state debt.”
- » Bulgarian Household Deposits Rise 7% Y/Y as of End-July 2016
- » FDI in Bulgaria Down 18.7% Y/Y in H1 2016
- » Bulgaria's C-Bank Publishes Stress Tests Report
- » Stress Test Shows Bulgarian Banks Are Stable - C-Bank
- » Bulgaria's Budget Surplus Revenues 'to Be Invested in Poorer Regions'
- » Bulgaria’s Gross Foreign Debt Dips 1.3% Y/Y in May 2016