Budget Committee in Parliament Approves State Debt Emission
The budget committee in Parliament approved the emission of a new state debt of Bulgaria, reports BNT.
The loan of around BGN 3 B, according to Finance Minister Petar Chobanov, will be used for paying off old debts and covering the budget deficit. He said that no matter when the early elections will be held, the country will remain in a stable financial position.
“We can see, that practically all or almost all indicators show that we are in a good situation,” Chobanov said. “We have the lowest inflation, lowest long-term interest rates, lowest budget deficit and definitely lowest state debt.”
- » Moody’s Degrades DSK and Reiffeisen Banks
- » ECB 'to Extend Backstop to Bulgaria' over Greece Crisis
- » Bulgarian Development Bank to Get EUR 150 M for Energy Retrofitting of Homes
- » Deposits in Bulgarian Banks Increased to Record Level in Past Year
- » WSJ: International Investors in Bulgaria’s KTB Demand Their Money Back
- » Bulgaria’s Government Debt Falls Slightly in May