Boyko Borisov: Government Must Resign Immediately
Bulgaria's Government must resign immediately, said the leader of the opposition party GERB Boyko Borisov at an extraordinary press conference on Thursday.
It was called in after earlier on Thursday the leader of the government coalition partner Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), Lyutvi Mestan, said the government should resign and early elections be held by the end of 2014.
“Elections must be held immediately,” Borisov said. “It became apparent that DPS is the mandate holder and this is a shame for BSP.”
According to Borisov, all parties must start consultations at the President Rosen Plevneliev's office. He said GERB would not give up on the fifth no confidence vote, due to be motioned in Parliament today.
Borisov said it was of vital importance that the government resigns immediately and elections should not be delayed till the winter.
“I am not overjoyed with the word of early elections, because the dates provided by Mestan are even more disastrous.”
- » 4 Turkish Tourists Rescued Near Bansko
- » Harsher Penalties Stipulated By Amendments to Road Traffic Act
- » 68 Illegal Migrants Leave Bulgaria in 2017
- » Annual Vignettes To Be Valid for 12 Months After Purchase Date
- » Laid Off Miners Block Bobov Dol Mine Again
- » Traffic of All Vehicles Along Trakia Highway Restored