Boyko Borisov: Government Must Resign Immediately
Bulgaria's Government must resign immediately, said the leader of the opposition party GERB Boyko Borisov at an extraordinary press conference on Thursday.
It was called in after earlier on Thursday the leader of the government coalition partner Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), Lyutvi Mestan, said the government should resign and early elections be held by the end of 2014.
“Elections must be held immediately,” Borisov said. “It became apparent that DPS is the mandate holder and this is a shame for BSP.”
According to Borisov, all parties must start consultations at the President Rosen Plevneliev's office. He said GERB would not give up on the fifth no confidence vote, due to be motioned in Parliament today.
Borisov said it was of vital importance that the government resigns immediately and elections should not be delayed till the winter.
“I am not overjoyed with the word of early elections, because the dates provided by Mestan are even more disastrous.”
- » Planned Rise in Vignette Stickers’ Price Prompts Protests in Bulgaria
- » Interior Minister Notes 2.5-Fold Increase of Migratory Flow Through Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Ataka Party Protests over Downing of Russian Warplane by Turkey
- » IntMin: Bulgaria Is Not Directly Threatened by Russia-Turkey Tensions
- » Bulgaria Govt to Spend BGN 1 M on Electric Cars for Civil Servants
- » Bulgaria's Cultural Sector Workers to Protest Against Insufficient Funding