Refugee Flow to Bulgaria On the Rise
The refugee flow to Bulgaria is increasing again, shows the most recent data of the National operational headquarters.
According to the data, quoted by the chairperson of the State Refugee Agency Nikolai Chirpanliev, only in May were apprehended over 300 trespassers. The majority of Syrian refugees were of Kurdish origin and their goal was to reunite with their relatives in Western Europe.
Chirpanliev also said that around 55% of the refugees, living in the refugee centers in Bulgaria, already got a status. “They have the right to get ID cards and live wherever they want in Bulgaria, or settle abroad, if they have an invitation and a visa,” Chirpanliev said.
- » Baba Tonka Museum Re-Opens in Bulgaria's Ruse
- » Volcano Villarrica Erupts in Chile
- » Google Features Bulgarian Liberation Day Doodle
- » Vandalism Committed in Front of Blagoevgrad Mosque
- » Bulgaria Commemorates 137 Years of Ottoman Empire Liberation
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover 1500-Year-Old Cross in Sandanski