Refugee Flow to Bulgaria On the Rise
The refugee flow to Bulgaria is increasing again, shows the most recent data of the National operational headquarters.
According to the data, quoted by the chairperson of the State Refugee Agency Nikolai Chirpanliev, only in May were apprehended over 300 trespassers. The majority of Syrian refugees were of Kurdish origin and their goal was to reunite with their relatives in Western Europe.
Chirpanliev also said that around 55% of the refugees, living in the refugee centers in Bulgaria, already got a status. “They have the right to get ID cards and live wherever they want in Bulgaria, or settle abroad, if they have an invitation and a visa,” Chirpanliev said.
- » Boy Found Alive After Spending Five Days in Forest Near Bulgaria's Ruse
- » Gunman Storms Cinema in Germany, Leaving at Least 25 People Injured
- » Bulgaria to Have Another Sunny Summer Day on Friday
- » Four Bulgarians Die in Head-on Collision in Greece
- » Child Lost in Forest Near Bulgaria's Karlovo Has Been Found
- » Young Man Goes Missing in Maritsa River in Bulgaria's Plovdiv