Refugee Flow to Bulgaria On the Rise
The refugee flow to Bulgaria is increasing again, shows the most recent data of the National operational headquarters.
According to the data, quoted by the chairperson of the State Refugee Agency Nikolai Chirpanliev, only in May were apprehended over 300 trespassers. The majority of Syrian refugees were of Kurdish origin and their goal was to reunite with their relatives in Western Europe.
Chirpanliev also said that around 55% of the refugees, living in the refugee centers in Bulgaria, already got a status. “They have the right to get ID cards and live wherever they want in Bulgaria, or settle abroad, if they have an invitation and a visa,” Chirpanliev said.
- » Chinese Cinema Festival to Take Place in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Helicopter Crew Captured by Sudanese Rebels
- » Healthcare in Bulgaria Ranks Among Poorest in Europe
- » Fewer Bulgarians Went on Holiday Abroad at End of 2014
- » Bulgaria to Host Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2015
- » Bulgaria’s 2011-2013 Refugee Integration Strategy Was Total Failure – Audit Office