Refugee Flow to Bulgaria On the Rise
The refugee flow to Bulgaria is increasing again, shows the most recent data of the National operational headquarters.
According to the data, quoted by the chairperson of the State Refugee Agency Nikolai Chirpanliev, only in May were apprehended over 300 trespassers. The majority of Syrian refugees were of Kurdish origin and their goal was to reunite with their relatives in Western Europe.
Chirpanliev also said that around 55% of the refugees, living in the refugee centers in Bulgaria, already got a status. “They have the right to get ID cards and live wherever they want in Bulgaria, or settle abroad, if they have an invitation and a visa,” Chirpanliev said.
- » Three Earthquakes Hit Northern Italy
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Large Medieval Gold Treasure Seized from Treasure Hunters in Bulgaria’s Kazanlak
- » Death Toll in the Car Accident near Mikre Rises to 9
- » Archaeologists Find Statue of Egyptian Goddess Isis, Satyr’s Head at Roman Villa, Nymphaeum in Bulgaria’s Kasnakovo
- » Bulgaria’s Plovdiv to Buy Back Roman Forum of Ancient Philipopolis 15 Years after Selling It