Reformists: EU Can Stop All Funds Because of South Stream
The EU could stop all funds for Bulgaria, because of the violations in the public procurement procedures for South Stream, said Georgi Ganev, of the Reformist Block.
Ganev, who is a member of the civic council of the coalition and an economist, said for the media that the circumventing of the public procurement procedures was a way to rummage in the pockets of all Bulgarians. According to him, by suspending the funds, the EU was protecting the interests of all Bulgarian citizens.
The reformists expressed their satisfaction with the EC decision to open a procedure against Bulgaria and said they have nothing against the South Stream pipeline, but have a serious problem with stealing from the Bulgarian people. “We're talking about BGN 5 B,” Ganev said. “This is the difference in the price of South Stream and other similar pipelines across the world.”
- » More than BGN 355 Milion in the Fund 'Security of Electric Power Supply
- » Gas Pipelines Supplying Europe in Real Danger from Exploding Tundra
- » Tesla Wins Bid to Build World’s Largest Lithium-ion Battery for South Australia
- » Hungary Will Receive Gas Through Bulgaria in 2019
- » Trump is Going to Offer Gas Delivery to Central and Eastern Europe
- » Hot Water Stops in Downtown Sofia from June 7 to June 16