Reformists: EU Can Stop All Funds Because of South Stream
The EU could stop all funds for Bulgaria, because of the violations in the public procurement procedures for South Stream, said Georgi Ganev, of the Reformist Block.
Ganev, who is a member of the civic council of the coalition and an economist, said for the media that the circumventing of the public procurement procedures was a way to rummage in the pockets of all Bulgarians. According to him, by suspending the funds, the EU was protecting the interests of all Bulgarian citizens.
The reformists expressed their satisfaction with the EC decision to open a procedure against Bulgaria and said they have nothing against the South Stream pipeline, but have a serious problem with stealing from the Bulgarian people. “We're talking about BGN 5 B,” Ganev said. “This is the difference in the price of South Stream and other similar pipelines across the world.”
- » Turkey OKs South Stream Environmental Impact Assessment
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding Puts Off Gazprom Loan on South Stream
- » Bulgaria-Romania Gas Link Suffers Further Delay
- » EC Recommends To Serbia To Suspend Work on South Stream Pipeline
- » NEK Losses Grew 43% in 2013
- » Bulgaria 'Might Be Forced' to Make Amendments on South Stream - PM