Bulgaria 'Preparing Sergey Lavrov's Visit' - FM Kristian Vigenin
Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin confirmed Wednesday preparations for a visit by his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov are under way.
Vigenin told Dnevnik.bg that no information had been officially given so far as the event was yet in the making and details could not be made public before having been settled.
Sergey Lavrov, Russia's top diplomat since 2004, is expected to visit Sofia in July to mark the 135th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Bulgaria and Russia.
The exact date, which sources claim is July 7, has yet to be confirmed due to the extremely busy schedule of Lavrov amid the ongoing developments in Ukraine.
Russia's Foreign Minister is considered by some to be among the world's most influential politicians.
He is to meet Thursday his US counterpart, State Secretary John Kerry, in Paris.
- » Energy, Migration Top Agenda of Bulgarian Foreign Minister's Visit to Slovakia
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister to Discuss Energy Cooperation with Slovakian Counterpart
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor, FBI Head Discuss Tackling Terrorism, Corruption
- » Bulgarian Deputy PM Kalfin Vows Support for Business Collaboration with Russia
- » FBI's Comey Says He and Bulgaria PM Borisov 'Think Alike'
- » Azerbaijan President Arrives in Bulgaria Accompanied by Key Gov't Members
......sorry for the innocent correction: apart from Bulgaria, there are some other countries in the 2014' list of Mr.Lavrov's planned visits: China, Danmark, India, Finland, Bielorussia, Brasilia, France......though they can change their readiness to meet Mr.Lavrov, sure...........Mr. Thunder-Storm is so influential person ;-)