EP ECR Group Refuses Comment on Negotiations With Barekov, Dzhambazki
The European Conservatives and Reformists (ECR) group in the EP refused to comment on the negotiations with the Bulgaria Without Censorship's Nikolay Barekov and Angel Dzhambazki.
On Wednesday afternoon Novinite.com contacted James Holtum, ECR group spokesperson, regarding Barekov's claims that he and Dzhambazki will join the ECR group in the European Parliament.
“It is a running policy of the ECR not to comment on possible negotiations with potential partners to the group,” Holtum wrote, in reply to Novinite.com's questions:
1. Are indeed Barekov and Dzhambazki joining the ECR?
2. What do you know of Bulgaria Without Censorship and its leader Nikolay Barekov?
3. Are you aware that during his campaign he promised to bring back "People's" in Republic of Bulgaria?
4. Are you aware that his campaign was blatantly populist? - Such as: free medicines for the children, free tablets for the school children, setting up of state-owned companies for buying off and processing agricultural produce, abolition of the flat income tax and reintroduction of the progressive income tax.
5. How do such suggestions correspond to the centre-right conservative stance of the ECR?
- » Phantom Voters in Bulgaria 'Surpass 1.2 M'
- » Bulgarian Electoral Commission Starts Registration for Early Elections
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Elected President of EU Commission
- » Jean-Claude Juncker To Be Approved As Head of European Commission
- » Bulgaria ex-Environment Mininster 'Might Head EP Committee'
- » Martin Schulz Re-elected as European Parliament President