IFLRY Vice-President Is DPS Candidate for Environment Minister
Stanislav Anastassov, one of the four vice-presidents of the International Federation of Liberal Youth (IFLRY), is DPS's proposal for Bulgarian Environment Minister.
The Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), a partner in Bulgaria's government, had to raise a nomination after Environment Minister after outgoing Iskra Mihaylova, who is holding the office, was conceded a MEP seat by Delyan Peevski following May 25's European elections.
Anastassov, 31, holds a degree in Computer Science from the Technical University of Munich (TUM). He is fluent in English, German, Russian and Serbian.
If his nomination is approved, he will be facing the difficult task to tackle a number of contested environmental issues and to rebuild relations of trust with the EU Commission after the latter froze funds allocated under the Operational Program Environment.
The DPS's proposal is to be put forward for voting in Parliament if agreed by Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski.
- » Council of Europe Presented a Migration Report on Bulgaria
- » Bomb Alert Near the Presidency was False (Updated)
- » Restrictions on 'Struma' Motorway
- » Police Received a Signal For Bomb Alert Near the Presidency
- » From Today, the Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Changing Due to Construction of the Subway
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act