Bulgarian Cabinet Reshuffle to Be Announced Next Week
Changes in Bulgarian government are to be announced next week after a detailed analysis of the year it was in power, Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) officials said.
Reshuffles are also likely among the ruling party's top cadres, but its leader Sergey Stanishev will remain head of the socialists, BSP Executive Bureau member Borislav Gutsanov announced after a Tuesday session.
A plenary session of the party is to be held in the coming days to take actions in response to its low performance at the May 25 European elections, where it was second to center-right opposition GERB.
After Tuesday's meeting Dimitar Dabov, another member of the Executive Bureau, was quoted by Dnevnik.bg as saying the BSP would also hold on to its commitment to building the South Stream gas pipeline, despite the EU Commission's earlier warnings it has to freeze the project until it complies with EU law.
- » Citizens Unhappy with New Anti-parking Poles in the Tunnel of the National Palace of Culture
- » Crucial Week For the State Budget
- » Bulgaria Fulfilled All the Criteria For Entry into Schengen, Bulgarian Foreign Minister
- » The Innovation Fund of Bulgaria will Pay Scholars in early November
- » No EU Consensus for North Stream 2
- » DailyMail: Bulgaria Deputy PM Wants New Laws to Stifle Radical Islam