Bulgarian Cabinet Reshuffle to Be Announced Next Week
Changes in Bulgarian government are to be announced next week after a detailed analysis of the year it was in power, Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) officials said.
Reshuffles are also likely among the ruling party's top cadres, but its leader Sergey Stanishev will remain head of the socialists, BSP Executive Bureau member Borislav Gutsanov announced after a Tuesday session.
A plenary session of the party is to be held in the coming days to take actions in response to its low performance at the May 25 European elections, where it was second to center-right opposition GERB.
After Tuesday's meeting Dimitar Dabov, another member of the Executive Bureau, was quoted by Dnevnik.bg as saying the BSP would also hold on to its commitment to building the South Stream gas pipeline, despite the EU Commission's earlier warnings it has to freeze the project until it complies with EU law.
- » Interior Minister Notes 2.5-Fold Increase of Migratory Flow Through Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Ataka Party Protests over Downing of Russian Warplane by Turkey
- » IntMin: Bulgaria Is Not Directly Threatened by Russia-Turkey Tensions
- » Bulgaria Govt to Spend BGN 1 M on Electric Cars for Civil Servants
- » Bulgaria's Cultural Sector Workers to Protest Against Insufficient Funding
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 24 Illegal Migrants Near Pazardzhik