Bulgarian Cabinet Reshuffle to Be Announced Next Week
Changes in Bulgarian government are to be announced next week after a detailed analysis of the year it was in power, Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) officials said.
Reshuffles are also likely among the ruling party's top cadres, but its leader Sergey Stanishev will remain head of the socialists, BSP Executive Bureau member Borislav Gutsanov announced after a Tuesday session.
A plenary session of the party is to be held in the coming days to take actions in response to its low performance at the May 25 European elections, where it was second to center-right opposition GERB.
After Tuesday's meeting Dimitar Dabov, another member of the Executive Bureau, was quoted by Dnevnik.bg as saying the BSP would also hold on to its commitment to building the South Stream gas pipeline, despite the EU Commission's earlier warnings it has to freeze the project until it complies with EU law.
- » Caretaker Govt to Have Deputy PMs for Social, Economic Issues
- » Budget Consultations between President, Parties Reach Deadlock
- » Georgi Bliznashki 'to Be Prime Minister' in Interim Gov't
- » Lack of Quorum Foils Bulgarian Parliament's Last Regular Session
- » President Calls Consultations on Budget Overhaul
- » BSP MP Tables Space Exploration Draft Law