Bulgarian Cabinet Reshuffle to Be Announced Next Week
Changes in Bulgarian government are to be announced next week after a detailed analysis of the year it was in power, Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) officials said.
Reshuffles are also likely among the ruling party's top cadres, but its leader Sergey Stanishev will remain head of the socialists, BSP Executive Bureau member Borislav Gutsanov announced after a Tuesday session.
A plenary session of the party is to be held in the coming days to take actions in response to its low performance at the May 25 European elections, where it was second to center-right opposition GERB.
After Tuesday's meeting Dimitar Dabov, another member of the Executive Bureau, was quoted by Dnevnik.bg as saying the BSP would also hold on to its commitment to building the South Stream gas pipeline, despite the EU Commission's earlier warnings it has to freeze the project until it complies with EU law.
- » Bulgaria's Minimum Wage Remains BGN 340 Next Year
- » Tanya Raykovska Elected Interim Chair of Bulgaria’s Supreme Court of Cassation
- » Bulgaria PM to Oversee State Security, Deputy PMs Get Coordinative Functions
- » Judicial Council Moves to Elect Chair of Supreme Court of Cassation
- » Patriotic Front Backtracks on Ultimatum to Bulgarian Gov't
- » Nationalist Party NFSB May Withdraw Confidence in Govt in 24 Hours