Bulgarian Border Authorities Intercept 90kg of Heroin
Bulgarian customs authorities have intercepted 90kg of heroin at two border checkpoints over the past days.
On the afternoon of May 31, an Opel automobile was searched by authorities at the Ruse border checkpoint. Thirty packages adding up to 15.5 kg of heroin were found stashed in the tires. The car was abandoned at the transit area, and police are still searching for the driver.
In a separate case the following day, 73.6kg of heroin were found in a freight truck at the Kalotina border checkpoint. The truck was driven by a Croatian man, transporting goods from Turkey to Bosnia-Herzegovina. He is in custody for 72 hours.
The Prosecution has initiated pre-trial proceedings for both cases. The overall value of the intercepted drugs is around BGN 8 million.
- » Man Shot Dead in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Foreign National Finds Dead Body Near Bulgaria's Vidin
- » Czech Shooting ‘Not Terrorist Attack’, Interior Minister Chovanec Says
- » At Least Nine People Killed After Shooting in Czech Republic
- » European Court of Human Rights Rules against Bulgaria in 2 Cases
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize 8.7 Kg Heroin in Kosovo-Bound Car