Bulgaria’s Svoge Mayor Removed by Court Order
The mayor of Bulgaria's Svoge, Joro Tsvetkov, has been relieved of his duties, the Prosecution revealed.
Tsvetkov is under investigation for abusing his powers as mayor between January 2011 and June 2013, in connection with drafting the municipal budget, as well as breaching the Public Procurement Act.
His removal was ordered by the Sofia District Court.
- » Bulgaria, US Sign Agreement on DNA Profiles, Fingerprints Exchange
- » Bulgarian TV Host Registers Committee for Referendum on Political System
- » Bulgarian Infant Mortality Rate Twice Higher Than EU Average
- » Garbage From UK, Italy Floods Varna
- » Struma Highway Blocked Near Blagoevgrad
- » 13% Decrease Registered in Number of Asylum Seekers in Bulgaria in Second Quarter of 2016