Bulgaria’s Svoge Mayor Removed by Court Order
The mayor of Bulgaria's Svoge, Joro Tsvetkov, has been relieved of his duties, the Prosecution revealed.
Tsvetkov is under investigation for abusing his powers as mayor between January 2011 and June 2013, in connection with drafting the municipal budget, as well as breaching the Public Procurement Act.
His removal was ordered by the Sofia District Court.
- » Bulgarian Ex-President's Party 'Agrees to Interact' with United Russia
- » Bulgarian Socialist Leader Heads to Moscow for Ruling Party Congress
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Calls for EU In/Out Referendum after Brexit
- » Bulgaria's Rivaling Socialist Parties to Attend United Russia Congress
- » Increase of Teachers' Salaries Can be Discussed in Autumn – Bulgarian PM
- » Bulgaria Moves to Punish Preaching of Radical Islam by Imprisonment