At Least 5 Killed in Luhansk Clashes
At least 5 people have died and 13 have been wounded during clashes between pro-Russian militants and Ukrainian border guards near the city of Luhansk on Monday.
Some 100 separatist fighters attacked the Ukrainian border guards at around 12:30 am, Kyivpost reported. The exchange of fire went on throughout the night, resulting in 5 pro-Russian fighters killed and 7 Ukrainian servicemen injured. Another 6 rebels were also wounded.
The authorities in Kiev had to send reinforcement around 4:30 am, as the number of rebels propelling rockets and mortar continued to grow.
The self-proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic has declared martial law since last week, in response to Kiev's "anti-terrorist" operations.
- » North Korea Condemns U.S. Sanctions as Officials Gather For Olympic Ceremony
- » Estonia Celebrated its 100th Anniversary with a Large Military Parade
- » The UN Security Council Urged a 30-day Ceasefire in Syria
- » After New Incident on Cyprus, EU Calls on Turkey to Rein in Naval Aggression
- » The Company of Elon Musk Launched a Global High-speed Internet Project (Video)
- » Over 400 Civilians were Killed near Damascus in the Past Five Days