At Least 5 Killed in Luhansk Clashes
At least 5 people have died and 13 have been wounded during clashes between pro-Russian militants and Ukrainian border guards near the city of Luhansk on Monday.
Some 100 separatist fighters attacked the Ukrainian border guards at around 12:30 am, Kyivpost reported. The exchange of fire went on throughout the night, resulting in 5 pro-Russian fighters killed and 7 Ukrainian servicemen injured. Another 6 rebels were also wounded.
The authorities in Kiev had to send reinforcement around 4:30 am, as the number of rebels propelling rockets and mortar continued to grow.
The self-proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic has declared martial law since last week, in response to Kiev's "anti-terrorist" operations.
- » Turkey’s Deputy PM: Intelligence Organisation Partook in Istanbul Attack
- » Romania’s Ex President Charged With Crimes Against Humanity
- » 3 People Wounded in Explosion in Turkey's Diyarbakır
- » 80% of Syrian Refugees To Remain in Turkey
- » Belgrade Could Turn Into "New Calais"
- » Turkey MPs Clear Last Article of Constitutional Changes