Spanish King Juan Carlos Abdicates
Spain's King Juan Carlos has decided to abdicate, in favor of his son Prince Felipe.
"His Majesty King Juan Carlos has just informed me of his desire to renounce the throne and begin the process of succession", Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy announced.
Juan Carlos, 76, has been on the throne since 1975. He is abdicating due to personal reasons, as the Prime Minister revealed.
Recently, corruption scandals have been surrounding the Spanish royal family, mainly the Princess Cristina, who is under investigation in a corruption case.
- » Death Toll in Nepal Quake Nearing 4,000
- » EU Resists Kiev’s Calls to Send Military Mission to Eastern Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Raising Funds to Help Quake-Hit Nepal People
- » South Korean PM Resigns over Bribery Accusations
- » Poland Denies Entry of Russian Night Wolves Bikers
- » Missing Bulgarian Student in Nepal Is Well, Contacts Parents