Spanish King Juan Carlos Abdicates
Spain's King Juan Carlos has decided to abdicate, in favor of his son Prince Felipe.
"His Majesty King Juan Carlos has just informed me of his desire to renounce the throne and begin the process of succession", Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy announced.
Juan Carlos, 76, has been on the throne since 1975. He is abdicating due to personal reasons, as the Prime Minister revealed.
Recently, corruption scandals have been surrounding the Spanish royal family, mainly the Princess Cristina, who is under investigation in a corruption case.
- » Angela Merkel Severely Criticized Countries Unwilling to Accept More Refugees
- » Czech Republic Refuses to Admit Refugees from Turkey
- » German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel Criticizes Merkel's Migration Policy
- » Germany Expects No More than 300 Refugees By End Year
- » Alexis Tsipras: EU is Sleepwalker, Closing In on the Abyss
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants