Spanish King Juan Carlos Abdicates
Spain's King Juan Carlos has decided to abdicate, in favor of his son Prince Felipe.
"His Majesty King Juan Carlos has just informed me of his desire to renounce the throne and begin the process of succession", Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy announced.
Juan Carlos, 76, has been on the throne since 1975. He is abdicating due to personal reasons, as the Prime Minister revealed.
Recently, corruption scandals have been surrounding the Spanish royal family, mainly the Princess Cristina, who is under investigation in a corruption case.
- » Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party Announces New Cabinet
- » Greece Begins Relocation of Migrants from Idomeni Refugee Camp
- » Former Green Leader Achieves Narrow Victory in Austria's Presidential Election
- » New AKP Leader Binali Yildirim Working to Form Turkey’s New Government
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Calls for Political Solutions to Humanitarian Crises at Istanbul Summit
- » Outcome of Austria’s Presidential Election Hinges on Postal Ballots