Bulgarians' Savings Up BGN 456 M in April 2014
Bulgarians saved a total of BGN 456 M in April 2014, according to statistics of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
Deposits, including interests paid on them, reached a total of BGN 40.74 B.
Deposits of households exceeded BGN 40 B in end-March, when the total amount of money stored in accounts of natural persons stood at BGN 40.28 B.
In April 2014, the pace of growth of savings was 1.1% higher compared to the previous two months, according to the BNB.
In March 2014, deposits increased by BGN 181.9 M and in February 2014 Bulgarians saved BGN 208.4 M.
The high rate of increase is not unprecedented as deposits of natural persons increased by more than BGN 641 M in January 2014, according to Trud daily.
At the same time, Bulgarians remained cautious as regards taking new loans.
Consumer loans increased by BGN 12 M in April 2014.
Company loans went up by BGN 341 M, reaching BGN 39.1 B in April 2014, compared to an increase by BGN 283.5 M in March and an increase by BGN 369 M in February.
Meanwhile, profits of banks reached BGN 306 M in end-April 2014, compared to BGN 211 M by end-April 2013, due to the reduction in expenses on interests.
Assets of banks stood at BGN 86.4 B.
- » Merger of Revenue, Customs Agency Not on Agenda of Caretaker Govt
- » Bulgaria's Central Bank Holds Meeting on KTB Recovery
- » Bulgaria's Ombudsman Predicts 'Avalanche Of Lawsuits' Regarding KTB
- » Bulgaria’s End-August Gross Foreign Debt Rises 2.2% Y/Y
- » KTB Directors: BNB Report Is 'A Lampoon'
- » Deposits In Bulgaria's Banks Up BGN 531 M In September