Bulgarians' Savings Up BGN 456 M in April 2014
Bulgarians saved a total of BGN 456 M in April 2014, according to statistics of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
Deposits, including interests paid on them, reached a total of BGN 40.74 B.
Deposits of households exceeded BGN 40 B in end-March, when the total amount of money stored in accounts of natural persons stood at BGN 40.28 B.
In April 2014, the pace of growth of savings was 1.1% higher compared to the previous two months, according to the BNB.
In March 2014, deposits increased by BGN 181.9 M and in February 2014 Bulgarians saved BGN 208.4 M.
The high rate of increase is not unprecedented as deposits of natural persons increased by more than BGN 641 M in January 2014, according to Trud daily.
At the same time, Bulgarians remained cautious as regards taking new loans.
Consumer loans increased by BGN 12 M in April 2014.
Company loans went up by BGN 341 M, reaching BGN 39.1 B in April 2014, compared to an increase by BGN 283.5 M in March and an increase by BGN 369 M in February.
Meanwhile, profits of banks reached BGN 306 M in end-April 2014, compared to BGN 211 M by end-April 2013, due to the reduction in expenses on interests.
Assets of banks stood at BGN 86.4 B.
- » World Bank Approves 2017-2022 Partnership Framework for Bulgaria
- » Assets Managed by Investment Funds in Bulgaria Grow 2.6% Y/Y in March
- » FDI in Bulgaria Drops 37% Y/Y in Q1 2016
- » Bulgaria to Grant 35-Year Concession on Sofia Airport
- » Bulgarian Household Income Rises 4.2% Y/Yin Q1, Expenditure up 0.9%
- » Bulgaria’s Govt to Discuss Granting Concession on Sofia Airport