Bulgarian Actress Tanya Masalitinova Dies at 92
Prominent Bulgarian actress Tanya Masalitinova has died at the age of 92.
Masalitinova was born in Prague in 1921, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Television.
Her father, Nikolay Masalitinov, was an eminent actor and director.
She graduated from a foreign language high school in Sofia.
She was a student at the National Academy of Art and the National Academy of Theatre and Film Arts.
She joined the theatrical troupe of the Ivan Vazov National Theatre in the mid-1940s and retired in 1989.
After her retirement, she took part in performances of the "Tear and Laughter" Theatre, Theatre 199 and the theatre on Gabrovo.
Her prominent roles in cinema include the films "Tochka parva"(Item one), "Ritzar bez bronya" (Knight Without Armour), "Sbogom", priyateli!" (Farewell, Friends!), and "Nenuzhen antrakt"( The Needless Intermission).
In 2005 she won an Askeer prize for her overall contribution to Bulgarian theatre.
- » Patriarch Holds Memorial Service Marking Death of Bulgaria's Last King Eldest Son
- » Blues Legend BB King Dies Aged 89
- » Bulgaria's Former Vice President Atanas Semerdzhiev Dies at 90
- » Georgi Petkanov, Former Minister of Interior, Justice, Dies at 67
- » German Writer Günter Grass Dies Aged 87
- » Bulgarian Last King's Eldest Son Passes Away