Bulgaria's Balakov to Attract German Golfers to Local Courses
Bulgaria's legendary 1994 World Cup midfielder Krasimir Balakov is working on attracting German golfers to Bulgaria.
The Stuttgart football player turned Litex Lovech coach has already organized a week of events for German businessmen at the golf resorts near Bulgaria's Black Sea town of Kavarna, Dnevnik reports.
"I am very happy that we were able to realize an old idea of mine and to show the high qualities of Bulgarian golf courses to German business representatives. They were very pleased with the courses and the infrastructure," said Balakov.
The goal of the former midfielder is to develop German golf tourism in Bulgaria in order to establish business contacts with local golfers.
- » Bulgaria Beats Germany 3:0 at Volleyball European Championship
- » 2015 Men's Volleyball European Championship Begins in Bulgaria, Italy
- » Bulgaria to Host ATP 250 Tournament in Sofia in February 2016
- » Sofia City Court Upholds Insolvency of CSKA Football Club
- » Bulgaria Drops Ten Positions to 78th Place in FIFA Ranking
- » Bulgarian Becomes First Vegan to Ascend Eighth Highest Peak in World