Bulgaria's Balakov to Attract German Golfers to Local Courses
Bulgaria's legendary 1994 World Cup midfielder Krasimir Balakov is working on attracting German golfers to Bulgaria.
The Stuttgart football player turned Litex Lovech coach has already organized a week of events for German businessmen at the golf resorts near Bulgaria's Black Sea town of Kavarna, Dnevnik reports.
"I am very happy that we were able to realize an old idea of mine and to show the high qualities of Bulgarian golf courses to German business representatives. They were very pleased with the courses and the infrastructure," said Balakov.
The goal of the former midfielder is to develop German golf tourism in Bulgaria in order to establish business contacts with local golfers.
- » Owner of Bulgaria's Biggest Telecom Acquires Levski Football Club
- » Pironkova Gets Off to a Good Start at US Open
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Retains 24th Spot in ATP Ranking
- » Ina Ananieva: All we do, we do it for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Rhythmic Gymnastics Team Receives Warm Welcome at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Reaches Champions League Group Stage