Bulgaria's Balakov to Attract German Golfers to Local Courses
Bulgaria's legendary 1994 World Cup midfielder Krasimir Balakov is working on attracting German golfers to Bulgaria.
The Stuttgart football player turned Litex Lovech coach has already organized a week of events for German businessmen at the golf resorts near Bulgaria's Black Sea town of Kavarna, Dnevnik reports.
"I am very happy that we were able to realize an old idea of mine and to show the high qualities of Bulgarian golf courses to German business representatives. They were very pleased with the courses and the infrastructure," said Balakov.
The goal of the former midfielder is to develop German golf tourism in Bulgaria in order to establish business contacts with local golfers.
- » At Least 110 Bulgarians to Compete in European Games 2015
- » Skiers Speak Out Against FIS Reaction to Dangerous Race Conditions
- » Anna Fenninger Records Second Victory at Ski World Cup in Bansko
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Drops Out of ATP Top Ten
- » Anna Fenninger Wins Alpine Skiing World Cup Combined Race in Bansko
- » Fenninger Wins First Run of World Cup Ladies Combined in Bansko