State of Emergency Declared in Siberia Over Floods
State of emergency has been issued in the Republic of Altai and Khakassia over floods caused by torrential rains in the past four days.
Rescue teams of the Russian Emergencies Ministry and local authorities have organized evacuation of the population from flooded houses with 119 people taken to temporary shelters and 406 relocated, Itar-Tass reports.
The floods have destroyed 12 bridges, thus transport communication with eleven villages has been disrupted, the Ministry said.
Two Ilyushin Il-76 planes were sent to Siberia carrying rescue equipment, KAMAZ trucks and boats. Rescue operations involve 693 people, 147 vehicles and a Mi-8 helicopter.
Besides, an alert regime has been announced in Tuva and Buryatia. The flood may develop into Yakutia and partly into the Amur region.
- » The Emperor of Japan will Abdicate on 31 March 2019
- » Far from Catalonia, Canvey Island in England also Wants Independence
- » EU will Cut Some Money For Turkey as Ties Sour
- » Drone Video Shows Full Scale of Destruction of the Syrian City of Raqqa (Video)
- » Greek Police Arrest Syrian Suspected of Terrorism Overseas
- » EU Leaders 'Green-Light' Internal Preparations for Brexit Trade Talks