State of Emergency Declared in Siberia Over Floods
State of emergency has been issued in the Republic of Altai and Khakassia over floods caused by torrential rains in the past four days.
Rescue teams of the Russian Emergencies Ministry and local authorities have organized evacuation of the population from flooded houses with 119 people taken to temporary shelters and 406 relocated, Itar-Tass reports.
The floods have destroyed 12 bridges, thus transport communication with eleven villages has been disrupted, the Ministry said.
Two Ilyushin Il-76 planes were sent to Siberia carrying rescue equipment, KAMAZ trucks and boats. Rescue operations involve 693 people, 147 vehicles and a Mi-8 helicopter.
Besides, an alert regime has been announced in Tuva and Buryatia. The flood may develop into Yakutia and partly into the Amur region.
- » Violent Protest in Madrid over Migrant Death
- » Donald Trump Jr. and Vanessa Trump are Separating
- » Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia: If Iran Develops a Nuclear Bomb Riyadh will Follow
- » U.S. Accuses Iran of Trying to Influence Iraq's Election
- » Kremlin Promises Retaliation Against UK Over Diplomat Expulsions After Ex-Spy's Poisoning
- » Russian Plane Loses Almost Nine Tonnes of Gold Amid Incident in Yakutsk