State of Emergency Declared in Siberia Over Floods
State of emergency has been issued in the Republic of Altai and Khakassia over floods caused by torrential rains in the past four days.
Rescue teams of the Russian Emergencies Ministry and local authorities have organized evacuation of the population from flooded houses with 119 people taken to temporary shelters and 406 relocated, Itar-Tass reports.
The floods have destroyed 12 bridges, thus transport communication with eleven villages has been disrupted, the Ministry said.
Two Ilyushin Il-76 planes were sent to Siberia carrying rescue equipment, KAMAZ trucks and boats. Rescue operations involve 693 people, 147 vehicles and a Mi-8 helicopter.
Besides, an alert regime has been announced in Tuva and Buryatia. The flood may develop into Yakutia and partly into the Amur region.
- » Islamic State Threatens U.S. Attacks Over Jerusalem Decision
- » Iraq Executed 38 People Sentenced to Death for Terrorism
- » Denmark Considers Using Cryptocurrencies for Humanitarian Aid
- » 6700 Rohingya were Killed in the First Month of Violence in Myanmar
- » Palestine will Demand Full Membership of the UN, Mahmoud Abbas said
- » Putin Says will Run as Independent Candidate For New Kremlin Term