Bulgaria Braces for 10 More Days of Thunderstorms, Hail
The heavy rains and the large hail that hit Bulgaria in the last week are expected to continue for ten more days, according to the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
The bad weather has brought thunderstorms and torrential rains throughout the country. Dozens of vehicles, houses, orchards and roads have been damaged due to the large hail.
The river levels across the country are expected to rise in the next days mainly those of Iskar, Vit, Osam and Yantra.
Earlier this week, Code Yellow for potentially dangerous weather due to thunderstorms and torrential rains was issued for nine regions in Bulgaria.
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of Two Million European Eels
- » Mountain Rescuers Warn of Avalanches in Ski Resorts, Frostbite
- » Extreme Cold, Strong Winds Grip Bulgaria for New Year
- » Code Yellow Warning in Bulgaria for Snow, Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria Warns of Snowfall, Rising River Levels