Bulgaria Braces for 10 More Days of Thunderstorms, Hail
The heavy rains and the large hail that hit Bulgaria in the last week are expected to continue for ten more days, according to the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
The bad weather has brought thunderstorms and torrential rains throughout the country. Dozens of vehicles, houses, orchards and roads have been damaged due to the large hail.
The river levels across the country are expected to rise in the next days mainly those of Iskar, Vit, Osam and Yantra.
Earlier this week, Code Yellow for potentially dangerous weather due to thunderstorms and torrential rains was issued for nine regions in Bulgaria.
- » US Braces for New Heavy Snowfall after Storm Leaves Seven Dead
- » 7 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns Of Rising Water Levels In Rivers
- » EU’s Finance Ministers to Approve Flood Aid of EUR 10 M for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Rhodope Mountains Become Part Of Rewilding Europe Initiative
- » Bulgaria’s Environment Minister: Shale Gas Moratorium Will Remain in Place