Bulgaria Braces for 10 More Days of Thunderstorms, Hail
The heavy rains and the large hail that hit Bulgaria in the last week are expected to continue for ten more days, according to the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
The bad weather has brought thunderstorms and torrential rains throughout the country. Dozens of vehicles, houses, orchards and roads have been damaged due to the large hail.
The river levels across the country are expected to rise in the next days mainly those of Iskar, Vit, Osam and Yantra.
Earlier this week, Code Yellow for potentially dangerous weather due to thunderstorms and torrential rains was issued for nine regions in Bulgaria.
- » EU Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dropped by Almost 2% in 2013
- » Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow
- » Bulgaria’s Burgas Calls Off State of Emergency after Weekend of Heavy Rain
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains