Bulgarians Don't Use Their Debit Cards to Full Capacity - Survey
Bulgarians use their debit cards mostly to withdraw their salaries from the ATMs, shows a survey of the My Money internet portal.
It took place among 1500 visitors of the site in April.
The results show that even though 84% of the respondents said they have a debit card, the majority of them are not aware of some of the basic characteristics and do not know how to use the card to its full capacity.
Around 16% of the respondents, for example, said they do not know if they can use their card abroad, or only in Bulgaria.
Fifty-six per cent said they use it only to withdraw cash from the ATM and 40% have used it to pay for goods at a POS terminal.
The survey shows that the majority of card holders are aware that the banks charge a fee for cash withdrawals and 73% of them know that it is lower if they use an ATM of the issuing bank. Twenty-two percent, however, do not know how much is this fee and 38% could not say how much was the fee for withdrawing cash from another bank's ATM.
Twenty-three percent do not know if there is a monthly maintenance fee for their card, 31% do not know that the sum in the card account brings them an interest rate and 43% did not know how much the interest is.
- » Bulgarians Abroad Sent BGN 1 B Back Home in 2016
- » Citizen Deposits in Banks Grow by 6.9% Year-on-Year in August 2016
- » Prices of Cigarettes to Go Up in Bulgaria through 2017
- » Cigarette Prices To Increase in 2017
- » Tax Declarations To Be Filed Electronically As Of 2018
- » BNB Reports Positive Balance Of Payments in July