Sofiyska Voda Water Utility to Appeal BGN 4.8M Fine
Bulgaria's Sofiyska Voda water utility will lodge an appeal against the BGN 4.8M fine imposed by the Competition Protection Commission for an abuse of dominant position.
The sanction is imposed for charging interest for late payments of company accrued liabilities for the supply of drinking water, disposal and treatment of waste water on the territory of Sofia Municipality during the months without metering device accounts which affects the interests of consumers and is an imposition of unfair trading condition.
Sofiyska Voda will examine in detail the grounds for the decision and will appeal within the statutory period before the Supreme Administrative Court, BNGES reports.
- » Bulgaria Backs Idea for Gas Ring with Romania, Hungary, Slovakia
- » Bulgaria Wins “Most Impressive Borrower in CEE” Award
- » Fast Food Chain, Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Clash over Extortion Allegations
- » Rose Harvesting Campaign Begins in Bulgaria, Poor Yield Expected
- » German-Bulgarian Chamber of Industry, Commerce Opposes Changes to Competition Law
- » Bulgaria Engineering Union Refutes 'Suspended Cooperation' Claims