Ukrainian Army Helicopter Shot Down, 10 Dead
Ten people died near the town of Slaviansk in eastern Ukraine after pro-Russian separatists shot down a military helicopter.
Outgoing President Oleksandr Turchynov confirmed reports that Gen Serhiy Kulchitsky, a senior National Guard general in response for combat and special training, was among the victims.
Turchynov was also quoted by UNIAN agency as saying that Russian-made equipment had been used to down the helicopter.
The vehicle targeted by rebels was carrying food for army block posts.
A heavy fighting was under way between soldiers and rebels as part of what the Kiev leadership calls an "anti-terrorist" operation against activists in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions.
The incident follows last week's shooting at a government-held checkpoint near Donetsk, in which another 14 soldiers lost their lives.
It also comes after days of the bloodiest recent clashes which took place around Donetsk airport and claimed the lives of at least 30 people.
- » Mark Zuckerberg Hearing at the European Parliament Today (Live Stream)
- » There were no Injured Bulgarian Soldiers in a Missile Attack in Kandahar
- » The 16th Richest Countries in the World
- » The US-China Trade War Is Postponed
- » Oil Prices Sharply Increased the Reason for This Is the Threat of the United States to Impose New Sanctions on Venezuela
- » Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich has to Prove the Origin of his Money to Obtain a British Visa