10 Detained For Planning Terrorist Attack on Victory Day, Russia
Russian police detained ten people suspected of plotting a terrorist attack in the Moscow region which was to be perpetrated on May 9, Victory Day.
The suspects, hailing from the North Caucasian republic of Dagestan, were residents of the Moscow region. They were detained on the morning of May 7 after an improvised explosive device was uncovered at their residence, according to a recent statement on the ministry website.
"Ahead of the May holidays, the Interior Ministry's Chief Counter-Extremism Department received reports that these people had purchased components that could be used for manufacturing a self-made explosive device, as well as other data suggesting they were possibly preparing a terrorist attack in that region," Russian Interior Ministry said, as quoted by The Moscow Times.
All detainees were arrested and are now giving confessions. The mastermind and the perpetrators of the planned terrorist attack have been identified, the ministry said.
- » Italy Issues State of Emergency Over Catastrophic Earthquake
- » Victims of the Catastrophic Earthquake in Italy reach 240
- » Turkey to Open Third Bridge across Bosphorus Friday
- » Terror Attack on American University of Afghanistan Leaves at least 10 Dead
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot
- » Turkey Starts Military Operation in Syria to Push IS Group Back from Border