Violations Found in 55% of Public Procurement in 2013
Fifty-five percent of public procurement procedures in 2013 contained violations, a report by the Public Financial Inspection Agency has shown.
Revelations by the agency operating at the Ministry of Finance suggest that over 1250 of the total 2484 procurement procedures (worth BGN 2.5 B / EUR 1.25 B) last year have been conducted with infringements.
Most irregularities were related to non-compliance with requirements of transparency, free competition and non-discrimination in the Public Procurement Act, Dnevnik.bg has reported.
No procurement at all was announced for 522 contracts worth BGN 269 M / EUR 134.5 M.
Of all public procurements inspected, 24% contained "procedural" infringements such as non-observance of deadlines.
- » Telenor Bulgaria to Offer 4G Services from Next Month
- » Bulgaria, China to Deepen Cooperation in Infrastructure, Nuclear Power
- » Bulgaria Reports No Change in Russian Gas Supply, Transit Volumes
- » Bulgarian Development Bank to Step up Ties with China’s ICBC
- » Bulgarian Tourism Industry Feels Modestly Optimistic about Winter Season
- » Chinese Companies Show Interest Towards Bulgarian Infrastructure Projects