Violations Found in 55% of Public Procurement in 2013
Fifty-five percent of public procurement procedures in 2013 contained violations, a report by the Public Financial Inspection Agency has shown.
Revelations by the agency operating at the Ministry of Finance suggest that over 1250 of the total 2484 procurement procedures (worth BGN 2.5 B / EUR 1.25 B) last year have been conducted with infringements.
Most irregularities were related to non-compliance with requirements of transparency, free competition and non-discrimination in the Public Procurement Act, Dnevnik.bg has reported.
No procurement at all was announced for 522 contracts worth BGN 269 M / EUR 134.5 M.
Of all public procurements inspected, 24% contained "procedural" infringements such as non-observance of deadlines.
- » Five Detained in Pazardzhik Released, Imam Remains Under Arrest
- » Bulgaria's 2015 Draft Budget Includes Minimum Wage Freeze
- » Bulgaria to Negotiate Easing of Visa Regime for Balkan Tourists
- » Reuters: Bulgaria Picks 2 Local, 2 Int'l Banks for Bridge Loan
- » EU Commission Allows Bulgaria to Use EU Funds for Sofia Tech Park
- » Holders of Guaranteed Deposits in Bulgaria's KTB Number 255 000