Violations Found in 55% of Public Procurement in 2013
Fifty-five percent of public procurement procedures in 2013 contained violations, a report by the Public Financial Inspection Agency has shown.
Revelations by the agency operating at the Ministry of Finance suggest that over 1250 of the total 2484 procurement procedures (worth BGN 2.5 B / EUR 1.25 B) last year have been conducted with infringements.
Most irregularities were related to non-compliance with requirements of transparency, free competition and non-discrimination in the Public Procurement Act, Dnevnik.bg has reported.
No procurement at all was announced for 522 contracts worth BGN 269 M / EUR 134.5 M.
Of all public procurements inspected, 24% contained "procedural" infringements such as non-observance of deadlines.
- » Bulgaria Posts 46.4% Drop in FDI in Jan-Nov 2016
- » Bulgaria, Serbia to Ink Gas Interconnector MoU
- » KEVR To Launch Inspections of Energy Distribution Ventures
- » Bulgaria's RIA To Seek Furnding for Kalotina-Sofia Highway
- » Six New Destinations from Varna To Be Launched in 2017
- » Average Monthly Wage in Bulgaria To Exceed BGN 1,000 in 2017