Bulgaria Might Lose EUR 275 M of EU Regional Development Funding
Seven projects under Operational Program Regional Development are risky and Bulgaria could lose BGN 514 M if it does not finalize them, the Regional Development Minister believes.
In a report sent to the Parliament's EU funding committee, Minister Desislava Terzieva wrote that due to significant delays registered in the projects Bulgaria might see its BGN 3.1 B (EUR 1.55 B) trimmed by one-sixth, the daily Trud reveals.
Among the most troublesome projects is the Northern arc of the Sofia Ringroad, the which covers almost half of the "risky" funding, amounting to BGN 234 M (EUR 117 M).
The document was to be on MPs' agenda on Wednesday, but the day was mostly dedicated to debates over the no-confidence motion against the government submitted by the opposition party GERB.
Problems of EU funding for regional development are now to be discussed in Parliament on Thursday.
- » Buildings in Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna to Light up in EU Flag Colours on Europe Day
- » Bulgaria Had Second Largest Drop in Unemployment in EU in March
- » Bulgaria, Romania 'Not Closing In on Rest of EU'
- » CoE Warns of ‘Dwindling Trust’ in Institutions
- » Bulgaria's Employment Rate Increased by 2 % Y/Y in 2015 - Eurostat
- » Bulgaria Allowed to Finish 3rd Metro Line, Sofia Ring Road with EU Money