Bulgaria Might Lose EUR 275 M of EU Regional Development Funding
Seven projects under Operational Program Regional Development are risky and Bulgaria could lose BGN 514 M if it does not finalize them, the Regional Development Minister believes.
In a report sent to the Parliament's EU funding committee, Minister Desislava Terzieva wrote that due to significant delays registered in the projects Bulgaria might see its BGN 3.1 B (EUR 1.55 B) trimmed by one-sixth, the daily Trud reveals.
Among the most troublesome projects is the Northern arc of the Sofia Ringroad, the which covers almost half of the "risky" funding, amounting to BGN 234 M (EUR 117 M).
The document was to be on MPs' agenda on Wednesday, but the day was mostly dedicated to debates over the no-confidence motion against the government submitted by the opposition party GERB.
Problems of EU funding for regional development are now to be discussed in Parliament on Thursday.
- » Bulgaria is the Country with the Most Road Traffic Deaths
- » A Ministry for Bulgaria's Presidency of The Council of the EU Will Start Work on June 2nd
- » Secretary General Commends Bulgaria’s Contributions to NATO
- » Donald Tusk Welcomes Bulgaria’s Balanced Position on Macedonia
- » Maria Gabrial to become EU Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society
- » Jean-Claude Junker Decides Which To Be Maria Gabriel's Department