Sofia Water Utility Fined BGN 4.8M for Dominant Position Abuse
Bulgaria's Commission for Protection of Competition has imposed a fine on water utility Sofiyska Voda for BGN 4,800,600 for abuse of a dominant position.
The sanction is imposed for charging interest for late payments of company accrued liabilities for the supply of drinking water, disposal and treatment of waste water on the territory of Sofia Municipality during the months without metering device accounts which affects the interests of consumers and is an imposition of unfair trading condition.
The decision of the Competition Protection Commission may be appealed before the Supreme Administrative Court.
- » Bulgaria’s R&D Spending Up but Still Way Below EU Average
- » Bulgarian Energy Commission Postpones Price Increase Decision
- » 3 Bulgarian Transport Infrastructure Projects to Get Funding under Connecting Europe Facility
- » Bulgaria Advises Travellers to Carry Enough Cash During Greece's Bank Holiday
- » Westinghouse-led Group Wins EU Funding to Diversify Nuclear Fuel Supply to VVER Reactors
- » Bulgarians Completed More Trips Abroad in May