OSCE Observers Held Captive, Says Pro-Russian Rebel Leader
A pro-Russian rebel leader in Ukraine’s Sloviansk says he is holding captive 4 OSCE observers.
The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) said on Monday that it had lost contact with one of its monitoring teams in the Donetsk region.
On Thursday, the self-proclaimed mayor of Slaviansk, Vyacheslav Ponomarev said the four observers are being held captive, and are in good condition, The Guardian reported. He did not specify any particular demands for their release.
This is the second such incident, after 7 OSCE observers were kidnapped last month in Slaviansk. They were released several days later.
- » SYRIZA Win Pushes Euro to 11-Year Low
- » Greece's SYRIZA, ANEL Agree to Form New Gov't
- » Macedonia's Foreign Minister Visiting Albania to Boost Cooperation
- » SYRIZA Vows to Avoid Grexit as Talks Begin with Independent Greeks
- » Islamic State Claims to Have Killed One Japanese Hostage
- » SYRIZA, Independent Greeks 'Might Form Greece Gov't' Monday