OSCE Observers Held Captive, Says Pro-Russian Rebel Leader
A pro-Russian rebel leader in Ukraine’s Sloviansk says he is holding captive 4 OSCE observers.
The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) said on Monday that it had lost contact with one of its monitoring teams in the Donetsk region.
On Thursday, the self-proclaimed mayor of Slaviansk, Vyacheslav Ponomarev said the four observers are being held captive, and are in good condition, The Guardian reported. He did not specify any particular demands for their release.
This is the second such incident, after 7 OSCE observers were kidnapped last month in Slaviansk. They were released several days later.
- » Former Russian Deputy Shot in Kiev
- » Belgian Police Prevent Terrorist Act in Antwerpen
- » Erdogan Accuses Bulgaria of Unacceptable Pressure on Turks Before Elections
- » Ankara Gives 11 Days Leave to Outmigrants for Bulgaria's Elections
- » ISIS Claims Responsibility for London Attack
- » Greece Not To Accept Back Refugees From Germany