OSCE Observers Held Captive, Says Pro-Russian Rebel Leader
A pro-Russian rebel leader in Ukraine’s Sloviansk says he is holding captive 4 OSCE observers.
The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) said on Monday that it had lost contact with one of its monitoring teams in the Donetsk region.
On Thursday, the self-proclaimed mayor of Slaviansk, Vyacheslav Ponomarev said the four observers are being held captive, and are in good condition, The Guardian reported. He did not specify any particular demands for their release.
This is the second such incident, after 7 OSCE observers were kidnapped last month in Slaviansk. They were released several days later.
- » Israel Attacks Leave at Least 2 Dead, Many Wounded
- » EU Ready to Temporarily Lift Belarus Sanctions
- » Dutch Safety Board to Publish Final Report on MH17 Disaster
- » UK-Born Princeton Professor Angus Deaton Wins 2015 Nobel Prize in Economics
- » NATO Must Address Three Priorities amid Current Instability, Stoltenberg Says
- » Turkish PM Points to IS as Prime Suspect for Ankara Suicide Bombings