OSCE Observers Held Captive, Says Pro-Russian Rebel Leader
A pro-Russian rebel leader in Ukraine’s Sloviansk says he is holding captive 4 OSCE observers.
The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) said on Monday that it had lost contact with one of its monitoring teams in the Donetsk region.
On Thursday, the self-proclaimed mayor of Slaviansk, Vyacheslav Ponomarev said the four observers are being held captive, and are in good condition, The Guardian reported. He did not specify any particular demands for their release.
This is the second such incident, after 7 OSCE observers were kidnapped last month in Slaviansk. They were released several days later.
- » Fifteen Children and Two Women were Killed in an Air Strike in Eastern Ghouta
- » The European Elections will be Held Between 23 and 26 May Next Year
- » Self-Driving Uber Car Kills Pedestrian in Arizona, She was to Blame for the Crash (Updated)
- » Revolution: Women in Saudi Arabia will Choose how to Dress Themselves
- » EU Municipalities Today Are Applying For Wireless Internet Financing
- » Nicolas Sarkozy is Taken for Questioning in Relation to Investigation into the Funding of his Election Campaign