Sharapova Defeats Pironkova in French Open
Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova lost 5:7, 2:6 to Maria Sharapova in the second round of the French Open.
Despite starting well and taking a 2-game lead in the first set, Pironkova went on to lose it 5:7. Part of this can be attributed to Sharapova’s concentration and aggression at the end.
In the second set, Pironkova was unable to keep up with her opponent, seeded 7th. She also needed to take a medical timeout due to physical problems.
This was the 5th win in as many matches for Sharapova against the Bulgarian.
- » Fulham Sign Bulgarian Defender Bodurov
- » First Bulgarian Climber Conquers K2
- » Grigor Dimitrov to Skip Tournament in Washington Over Illness
- » Mountain Auto Rally “Uzana” Cancelled after Fatal Accident
- » Bulgarians Spent Over EUR 104 000 at 2014 World Cup
- » Michael Schumacher Is Showing Signs Of Recovery