Sharapova Defeats Pironkova in French Open
Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova lost 5:7, 2:6 to Maria Sharapova in the second round of the French Open.
Despite starting well and taking a 2-game lead in the first set, Pironkova went on to lose it 5:7. Part of this can be attributed to Sharapova’s concentration and aggression at the end.
In the second set, Pironkova was unable to keep up with her opponent, seeded 7th. She also needed to take a medical timeout due to physical problems.
This was the 5th win in as many matches for Sharapova against the Bulgarian.
- » Anna Fenninger Wins Alpine Skiing World Cup Combined Race in Bansko
- » Fenninger Wins First Run of World Cup Ladies Combined in Bansko
- » World Ski Cup Race in Bulgaria's Bansko Cancelled over Heavy Fog
- » Bulgaria's Litex Sells Colombian Striker for EUR 1.6 M to Chinese Team
- » Bad Weather Postpones Super Giant Slalom in Bulgaria's Bansko
- » Bulgaria's Karatancheva Qualifies for Acapulco Semifinals