Sharapova Defeats Pironkova in French Open
Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova lost 5:7, 2:6 to Maria Sharapova in the second round of the French Open.
Despite starting well and taking a 2-game lead in the first set, Pironkova went on to lose it 5:7. Part of this can be attributed to Sharapova’s concentration and aggression at the end.
In the second set, Pironkova was unable to keep up with her opponent, seeded 7th. She also needed to take a medical timeout due to physical problems.
This was the 5th win in as many matches for Sharapova against the Bulgarian.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Proceeds to 3rd Round of Toronto Masters
- » Ludogorets, Crvena Zvezda Tied in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Serbia's Crvena Zvezda
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Ascends His 8th Eight-Thousander
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics