Sharapova Defeats Pironkova in French Open
Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova lost 5:7, 2:6 to Maria Sharapova in the second round of the French Open.
Despite starting well and taking a 2-game lead in the first set, Pironkova went on to lose it 5:7. Part of this can be attributed to Sharapova’s concentration and aggression at the end.
In the second set, Pironkova was unable to keep up with her opponent, seeded 7th. She also needed to take a medical timeout due to physical problems.
This was the 5th win in as many matches for Sharapova against the Bulgarian.
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Serbia's Troicki in Postponed Match in Paris Monday
- » Tennis: Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Faces Serbia’s Troicki in Paris Sunday
- » Poll Names Bulgaria's Dimitrov 'Most Overrated Tennis Player'
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses 1 More Spot in Tennis Ranking
- » Ludogorets Claims Fifth Consecutive Championship Title in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Ousted Early in Rome Tennis Masters