Sharapova Defeats Pironkova in French Open
Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova lost 5:7, 2:6 to Maria Sharapova in the second round of the French Open.
Despite starting well and taking a 2-game lead in the first set, Pironkova went on to lose it 5:7. Part of this can be attributed to Sharapova’s concentration and aggression at the end.
In the second set, Pironkova was unable to keep up with her opponent, seeded 7th. She also needed to take a medical timeout due to physical problems.
This was the 5th win in as many matches for Sharapova against the Bulgarian.
- » Stoevi Sisters With Silver Medal at European Badminton Championship in Denmark
- » Neviana Vladinova Wins Gold Medal at World Cup in Rhythmic Gymnastics in Baku
- » Arthur Albiston Awards Winners in Veliko Tarnovo Children’s Football Tournament
- » All-Around Bronze For Gymnast Neviana Vladinova in Baku World Cup
- » Kubrat Pulev Beats American Rival, Eyes World Title
- » Bulgarian Dunekova Proves She Did Not Use Doping