Sharapova Defeats Pironkova in French Open
Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova lost 5:7, 2:6 to Maria Sharapova in the second round of the French Open.
Despite starting well and taking a 2-game lead in the first set, Pironkova went on to lose it 5:7. Part of this can be attributed to Sharapova’s concentration and aggression at the end.
In the second set, Pironkova was unable to keep up with her opponent, seeded 7th. She also needed to take a medical timeout due to physical problems.
This was the 5th win in as many matches for Sharapova against the Bulgarian.
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Captain of Romanian Football Champion
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round of Wimbledon
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Defeated in First Round of Wimbledon
- » Draw Confirms Exclusion of CSKA, Lokomotiv Sofia from Bulgaria's A Group
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Starts Wimbledon with Convincing Win against Delbonis
- » Bulgaria Finishes 27th at First European Games after Claiming Ten Medals