Sharapova Defeats Pironkova in French Open
Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova lost 5:7, 2:6 to Maria Sharapova in the second round of the French Open.
Despite starting well and taking a 2-game lead in the first set, Pironkova went on to lose it 5:7. Part of this can be attributed to Sharapova’s concentration and aggression at the end.
In the second set, Pironkova was unable to keep up with her opponent, seeded 7th. She also needed to take a medical timeout due to physical problems.
This was the 5th win in as many matches for Sharapova against the Bulgarian.
- » Special Olympics Athletes Back From Austria with 9 Medals
- » Stefka Kostadinova Re-Elected As BOC Chairwoman
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama With 3rd Consecutive Victory in Osaka
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Squanders 4 Match Balls at Indian Wells
- » Bulgarian Stanimir Belomazhev Achieves Historical gold
- » Levski-CSKA Football Game Affects Sofia Traffic