Sofia Airport Passengers Welcomed With Blooming Bulgarian Roses
All arriving passengers at Bulgaria's Sofia airport are welcomed with a blooming rose, Wednesday.
For a third consecutive year volunteers are giving out Bulgaria's national symbol, the rose, at the airports in the capital city Sofia, and the Black Sea cities of Varna and Burgas.
Rose-picking in Bulgaria's Rose Valley region has already begun. The goal of the campaign is to promote Bulgaria's oldest industry - the production of rose oil.
- » Sunny and Warm Weather Forecast For Bulgaria Today, Rain and Thunder in the Afternoon
- » The $500 apple: Woman Fined For Failing to Declare Fruit She Was Given on Flight
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 26C° and 31°C
- » Earthquake of 5.1 in the Southeastern Turkish Province of Adayman, Wounded People
- » Real Summer and 31 Degrees in Bulgaria in the Coming Days
- » Fire in Karaoke Bar in Southern China Kills at least 18