Rosen Plevneliev Congratulated Petro Poroshenko on the Election
Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev congratulated in a phone conversation the newly-elected Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko, said the President's press office.
According to 99.03% of the processed ballots, Poroshenko wins the May 25 presidential elections with 54.7% of the votes.
“I wish you success in your efforts to put an end to the political crisis and the armed conflicts and to lead Ukraine down the road towards hard, but necessary reforms,” Plevneliev said. “Te high voter turnout at the presidential elections shows the love of the Ukrainian people for the idea of pro-European, independent, democratic and united Ukraine.”
On his part Poroshenko thanked for the consistent position of Bulgaria in support of Ukraine and the preservation of its territorial integrity and remarked that the final meetings of his campaign took place in Bolgrad – a Ukrainian town which is a center of the Bulgarian community in the country.
Plevneliev added that Bulgaria supports the signing of the political part of the EU association agreement for Ukraine and that the economic part must be also signed as soon as possible.
Plevneliev and Poroshenko will meet in Warsaw in the beginning of June, during the celebrations of the 25-th anniversary of the democratic changes in Central and Eastern Europe.
- » Troops Sent to Help Patrol Bulgaria-Macedonia Border Only Have Monitoring Functions
- » Bulgaria Lacks Progress in Fight against Corruption – US Interim Chargé d'Affaires
- » Deputy PM Kuneva to Discuss Bulgaria’s Bid to Join Schengen on Finland Visit
- » Bulgarian FM: Relations with Russia Are Not in Such Bad Shape
- » Bulgaria’s PM to Meet with Turkmenistan’s President in Ashgabat
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov to Pay Two-Day Official Visit to Turkmenistan