Sofia Court Leaves Ghastly Murder Case Defendant in Jail
Sofia City Court has extended the detention of Nikolay Roussinov who is a defendant for the murder of Yana Krasteva in Sofia's Borisova Gradina Park in the summer of 2011.
The decision was made on the grounds of risk of absconding, which is enough to extend the detention of Roussinov, BGNES reports.
At the beginning he was only examined as a witness, after which an analysis by Austrian experts indicated that the DNA material left on the body's victim was his.
Roussinov has adamantly denied any involvement in the murder, claiming that he had consensual sex with the victim.
The body of 28-year-old Yana Krasteva was found in the Bulgarian capital's Borisova Gradina Park on July 10, 2011, approximately two days after she had been raped, bludgeoned and strangled to death.
The next court hearing is scheduled for July 9 at 9:00 a.m.
- » Attacker of Bulgarian Politician Ahmed Dogan Conclusively Sentenced to 3 1/2 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Detains 17 Illegal Immigrants Near Stara Zagora
- » General Accused of Malfeasance, Ordered Subordinates to Renovate Dwelling
- » Sofia Court Rules Bailout Punishment for Judge Rumyana Chenalova
- » Sofia Court Acquits Sole Defendant in 2013 Illegal Ballot Papers Case
- » Bulgaria to Set up Anti-Smugglling Coordination Center