Pope Francis Welcomes Bulgarian Prime Minister Oresharski
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski was received by Pope Francis in his official residence in the Vatican on Wednesday.
The meeting lasted for about 30 minutes, it was reported. PM Oresharski presented Pope Francis with the oil painting Yerosalimia. On his part, the head of the Roman Catholic Church gave an ink stand as a gift to Oresharski.
The Prime Minister is scheduled to meet his Italian counterpart Matteo Renzi in the afternoon, before departing for Bulgaria. He is accompanied by his wife, as well as the ministers of culture, foreign affairs, and youth and sports.
- » UN System Is Broken, Not Broke, Georgieva Tells Politico
- » Bulgaria's FM Calls on Bokova to Leave UN Race
- » Families of Russian Deputy PM, Deputies Own Real Estate on Bulgarian Sea Coast
- » Bulgarian UN Secretary General Nominee Bokova Remains Sixth After Straw Poll
- » UN Top Job: 'Decisive' Straw Poll to Be Held on Monday
- » Expert Tells DW Bulgaria's Georgieva Is 'Strong Candidate' for UN Top Job