Pope Francis Welcomes Bulgarian Prime Minister Oresharski
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski was received by Pope Francis in his official residence in the Vatican on Wednesday.
The meeting lasted for about 30 minutes, it was reported. PM Oresharski presented Pope Francis with the oil painting Yerosalimia. On his part, the head of the Roman Catholic Church gave an ink stand as a gift to Oresharski.
The Prime Minister is scheduled to meet his Italian counterpart Matteo Renzi in the afternoon, before departing for Bulgaria. He is accompanied by his wife, as well as the ministers of culture, foreign affairs, and youth and sports.
- » Bulgaria’s President Starts 2-Day Visit to Ukraine on Tuesday
- » Bulgaria FM Visiting Ukraine's Odessa
- » Bulgarian President Plevneliev Calls for Cooperation on the Balkans
- » Bulgarian President, FM Condemn Terrorist Attacks in France, Tunisia, Kuwait
- » Bulgaria Could Rely on British Support for Consolidating Regional Energy Security
- » Bulgaria PM to Meet David Cameron in Brussels