Pope Francis Welcomes Bulgarian Prime Minister Oresharski
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski was received by Pope Francis in his official residence in the Vatican on Wednesday.
The meeting lasted for about 30 minutes, it was reported. PM Oresharski presented Pope Francis with the oil painting Yerosalimia. On his part, the head of the Roman Catholic Church gave an ink stand as a gift to Oresharski.
The Prime Minister is scheduled to meet his Italian counterpart Matteo Renzi in the afternoon, before departing for Bulgaria. He is accompanied by his wife, as well as the ministers of culture, foreign affairs, and youth and sports.
- » Council of Ministers Approved Draft of Friendship Treaty With Macedonia
- » US Ambassador: 'Bulgaria Can Play the Role of Mediator For the Movement of the Balkans Towards Europe'
- » Serbian Prime Minister Acknowledged the Bulgarian Efforts to Keep the EU Open to the Western Balkans
- » Macedonia Approved Draft Agreement on Friendship, Good Neighborliness and Cooperation with Bulgaria
- » Sudan's Foreign Minister Starts an Official Visit to Bulgaria to Develop Bilateral Relations
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Balkan Tour Continues in Albania