Bulgarian Transport Records Diverse Results in Q1 2014
In Q1 of 2014 compared to the previous quarter, the percentage of goods carried by the freight transport have risen by 3.8%, while the transport performance has fallen by 2.8%.
In comparison with the fourth quarter of 2013 the transported passengers as well the transport performance by the passenger land, water and urban electrical transport has decreased by 14.0% and 2.5 %, respectively, according to Bulgarian National Statistical Institute preliminary data.
According to preliminary non-adjusted data during the first quarter of 2014 in comparison with the same period of 2013 an increase by 19.7% in the transported goods by land and water transport was observed, while the transport performance has fallen by 13.1%.
Compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year a decrease was observed both in the number of transported passengers and the transport performance of the passenger transport by 10.6% and 4.9%, respectively.
In the first quarter of 2014 the transported goods by land transport were 27 040.7 thousand tons or by 5 209.1 thousand tons more than the corresponding quarter of 2013.
The transported goods as well the transport performance by water transport have registered a drop compared to the first quarter of 2013 – by 7 04.0 thousand tons and 1 743.9 million tkm, respectively.
During the first quarter of 2014 the enterprises from the urban electrical transport have transported 67 577.0 thousand passengers or by 15.3 % less in comparison with the corresponding period of the previous year.
- » Hungary in no Rush to Join Euro Zone, Minister Says
- » 80% of Pedestrian Crossings across the Country Do not Meet the Requirements
- » Foreign Investment in Bulgaria For January Increased by 64.6%
- » China Vows to Hit Back as Trump Prepares Trade Sanctions
- » Under OP ''Inovation and Competitiveness'' Clusters in Bulgaria are Supported with over € 36 million
- » 18% has Increased the Passenger Flow Through the Bulgarian Airports for 2017