Bulgaria's Border Police Caught 9 Syrians Hidden in a Van
Bulgaria's border police caught nine Syrians, hidden in a van loaded with yoghurt, which was trying to cross the Danube on the Nikopol ferry, reported the Interior Ministry.
According to the report, the refrigeration van was driven by a Veliko Turnovo resident and was supposedly taking 100 crates of yoghurt to Romania.
During the border inspection the border police found a partition in the van, where were hiding nine Syrians, seven of which had ID documents.
The driver, his companion and the nine Syrians were arrested and taken to the Nikopol police station.
- » Bulgaria’s Sopharma CEO Ognian Donev Charged with BGN 63 M Tax Evasion
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing
- » Anti-Mafia Unit of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry Neutralized 17 Crime Groups since February 24