1.36M Cigarettes Seized in Raid in Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo
Bulgarian State Agency for National Security (DANS) seized 1.36 million cigarettes without excise duty near the town of Veliko Tarnovo.
DANS employees have searched two trucks and a warehouse as part of an operation against illicit transactions with excise goods. A total of 1.36 million cigarettes without excise duty were seized and both vehicles were also confiscated.
Three people have been detained. According to the initial estimates, the illegal goods would have cost the State Budget about BGN 300 thousand.
- » Englishwoman Reportedly Found Dead in Bulgarian Village, Murder Suspected
- » Bulgaria’s Sopharma CEO Ognian Donev Charged with BGN 63 M Tax Evasion
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing