Bulgaria Holds Negotiations for Direct Train Sofia – Budapest
Bulgarian State Railways is holding talks with the Romanian and the Hungarian railways to launch a direct train from Sofia to Budapest over Danube Bridge 2.
The train will probably be included in the new schedule as of December 2014, Deputy Transport Minister Anon Ginev told Focus news agency, adding that it will re-connect Bulgaria with Central Europe.
The railway line Vidin - Sofia runs along the axis Athens - Sofia - Budapest - Vienna - Prague – Nuremberg/Dresden, Pan-European Transport Corridor IV and Rail Freight Corridor Orient.
- » Bansko Opens Ski Season On December 13
- » Moscow, Kiev Agree to Renew Gas Flow to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria’s Producer Price Index Up 0.2% M/M in Sept 2014
- » Bulgaria to Use EU Funding to Implement 5 Energy Projects worth over EUR 4 M
- » Bulgargaz Cuts Gas Supplies to Bulgarian Heating Utilities by 50%
- » Russia, Ukraine, EU Fail to Reach Agreement in Gas Talks