Bulgaria Holds Negotiations for Direct Train Sofia – Budapest
Bulgarian State Railways is holding talks with the Romanian and the Hungarian railways to launch a direct train from Sofia to Budapest over Danube Bridge 2.
The train will probably be included in the new schedule as of December 2014, Deputy Transport Minister Anon Ginev told Focus news agency, adding that it will re-connect Bulgaria with Central Europe.
The railway line Vidin - Sofia runs along the axis Athens - Sofia - Budapest - Vienna - Prague – Nuremberg/Dresden, Pan-European Transport Corridor IV and Rail Freight Corridor Orient.
- » Bulgarian Hotel, Restaurant Owners Urge Eased Visa Regime for Russian Tourists
- » Sofia Airport to Become Accessible by Underground from April 2
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister Expects New Governor of Bulgarian National Bank by end-April
- » Bulgarian Project Company for Oil Pipeline Burgas-Alexandroupolis Welcomes New CEO
- » Bulgaria’s Gross External Debt at EUR 39 B in end-January
- » Bulgaria Repays EUR 1.5 B Bridge Loan