Bulgaria Holds Negotiations for Direct Train Sofia – Budapest
Bulgarian State Railways is holding talks with the Romanian and the Hungarian railways to launch a direct train from Sofia to Budapest over Danube Bridge 2.
The train will probably be included in the new schedule as of December 2014, Deputy Transport Minister Anon Ginev told Focus news agency, adding that it will re-connect Bulgaria with Central Europe.
The railway line Vidin - Sofia runs along the axis Athens - Sofia - Budapest - Vienna - Prague – Nuremberg/Dresden, Pan-European Transport Corridor IV and Rail Freight Corridor Orient.
- » Bulgaria's Varna Registers Higher Revenues, Fewer Tourists in Summer 2014
- » President Plevneliev to Open 10th World Meeting of Bulgarian Media
- » Kozloduy NPP Transferred BGN 7 M to Westinghouse under Upgrade Program for Units 5, 6
- » Russian Bank To Acquire Bank Victoria?
- » Bulgarian Employers, Trade Unions, Decry Lobby Groups in Energy Board
- » First Investment Bank Buys Major Portion of Assets of Bulgaria’s Remotex-Radnevo