Bulgaria Holds Negotiations for Direct Train Sofia – Budapest
Bulgarian State Railways is holding talks with the Romanian and the Hungarian railways to launch a direct train from Sofia to Budapest over Danube Bridge 2.
The train will probably be included in the new schedule as of December 2014, Deputy Transport Minister Anon Ginev told Focus news agency, adding that it will re-connect Bulgaria with Central Europe.
The railway line Vidin - Sofia runs along the axis Athens - Sofia - Budapest - Vienna - Prague – Nuremberg/Dresden, Pan-European Transport Corridor IV and Rail Freight Corridor Orient.
- » Bulgaria Reopens 3-Y T-Note Issue at 0.68% Yield
- » Bulgaria Keen on Keeping Good Economic Ties with Russia, Lukarski Says
- » Bulgarian Scientists Foresee Economic Growth of 1.4 % in 2015
- » Additional BGN 15 M Needed for Sofia's Subway Extension
- » Explosion-Stricken Unit of Bulgaria’s VMZ Sopot Military Plant to Start Functioning in a Week
- » Bulgaria Speeds Up Construction of Maritsa Motorway Lot 2 ahead of EU Commissioner’s Visit