Poroshenko, Merkel Discuss Ukraine Crisis over Phone
Ukraine's newly elected President Petro Poroshenko and German Chancellor Angela Merkel discussed relations between the two countries over a phone conversation.
Merkel congratulated Poroshenko on the election results from Sunday, and the two leaders spoke about the future of Ukraine-EU relations, Interfax reported.
Another topic of their conversation was the peaceful resolution of the violence in eastern Ukraine, through a series of roundtable talks, which would involve all concerned parties. Poroshenko and Merkel agreed to pursue joint programs for creating jobs in the Donetsk region, which recently self-proclaimed its independence.
Just hours after he was elected, Poroshenko made a statement that his priority would be ending the war and bringing peace and unity throughout Ukraine.
- » Russia Plans to Strengthen Control of Turkish Food Imports
- » 15 People Killed, 10 Others Injured as Russian Helicopter Crashes in Eastern Siberia
- » EU Commission President Says Schengen Is “Partly Comatose”
- » Germany Promises Further Assistance to France in Fight Against Terrorism
- » Surviving Pilot Says Turkey Issued No Warning Before Shooting down Russian Warplane
- » IS Group Claims Responsibility for Tunis Blast
"The Cossacks were among Europe's best soldiers"-----;-)!!!...and since when Russia is considered as the part of "Europe"? ;-)......Btw, those very "Cossacks", even Zaporozhian Cossacks, have NEVER considered themselves Ukrainians........Fear Wiki as Devil fears Holy Water ;-)
Russia looks more and more weak by the day. They bark a lot and can take easy shit places like Crimea and Abkhazia. Let's see when they need to take a real country. hahahahahaha. Poor backward peasant fucks. They are the laughing stock of the world starting with their Botoxed mummy of a President.
I guess those kids are "terrorists" that need to be eliminated? How much more abuse can Russia handle until they say enough? Odessa and now this week massacring civilians left n right...and today attacking a school and hurting children!