Krasimir Balakov Named New Litex Coach
Bulgaria's legendary 1994 World Cup midfielder Krasimir Balakov is the new head coach of Litex Lovech.
Balakov's contract will be for 2 years and will start on June 10. He replaces Serbian manager Miodrag Jesic, whose contract was not renewed.
Litex finished the Bulgarian League in 3rd place this season, which means the team will play in the Europa League qualifying rounds.
Balakov, who was a legend playing for Stuttgart (1995-2003), has coached a number of European teams like Grasshopper, St. Gallen, Hajduk Split, and Kaiserslautern. In Bulgaria, he led Chernomorets Burgas from 2008 to 2010.
- » Bulgarians Spent Over EUR 104 000 at 2014 World Cup
- » Michael Schumacher Is Showing Signs Of Recovery
- » Grigor Dimitrov Becomes Honorary Citizen of Varna
- » Clashes Break Out In Argentina After World Cup Defeat
- » Germany Crowned World Cup Champion After Defeating Argentina
- » Germany Footballers Decided Not To Humiliate Brazil