Krasimir Balakov Named New Litex Coach
Bulgaria's legendary 1994 World Cup midfielder Krasimir Balakov is the new head coach of Litex Lovech.
Balakov's contract will be for 2 years and will start on June 10. He replaces Serbian manager Miodrag Jesic, whose contract was not renewed.
Litex finished the Bulgarian League in 3rd place this season, which means the team will play in the Europa League qualifying rounds.
Balakov, who was a legend playing for Stuttgart (1995-2003), has coached a number of European teams like Grasshopper, St. Gallen, Hajduk Split, and Kaiserslautern. In Bulgaria, he led Chernomorets Burgas from 2008 to 2010.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Australia's Ebden to Progress to 2nd Round of US Open
- » Bulgarian Mountain Runner Sets New Record on Completing Kom-Emine Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis