Krasimir Balakov Named New Litex Coach
Bulgaria's legendary 1994 World Cup midfielder Krasimir Balakov is the new head coach of Litex Lovech.
Balakov's contract will be for 2 years and will start on June 10. He replaces Serbian manager Miodrag Jesic, whose contract was not renewed.
Litex finished the Bulgarian League in 3rd place this season, which means the team will play in the Europa League qualifying rounds.
Balakov, who was a legend playing for Stuttgart (1995-2003), has coached a number of European teams like Grasshopper, St. Gallen, Hajduk Split, and Kaiserslautern. In Bulgaria, he led Chernomorets Burgas from 2008 to 2010.
- » Bulgarian Football Union Approves Ivaylo Petev Unanimously
- » Ivaylo Petev 'to Become' Coach of Bulgaria's Men National Football Team
- » Bulgaria IntMin Continues Investigation of Alleged Football Match Fixing
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Defeated by Real Madrid 0:4
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Losing to Real Madrid 0:2 in 1st Half
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Travels to Madrid in Search of a Miracle