Krasimir Balakov Named New Litex Coach
Bulgaria's legendary 1994 World Cup midfielder Krasimir Balakov is the new head coach of Litex Lovech.
Balakov's contract will be for 2 years and will start on June 10. He replaces Serbian manager Miodrag Jesic, whose contract was not renewed.
Litex finished the Bulgarian League in 3rd place this season, which means the team will play in the Europa League qualifying rounds.
Balakov, who was a legend playing for Stuttgart (1995-2003), has coached a number of European teams like Grasshopper, St. Gallen, Hajduk Split, and Kaiserslautern. In Bulgaria, he led Chernomorets Burgas from 2008 to 2010.
- » Additional Security Measures for Europa League Final in Stockholm Already in Place
- » Antoaneta Boneva Wins Silver Medal at ISSF World Cup in Munich
- » Kubrat Pulev to Fight For IBF Heavyweight title within 10 Months
- » Dimitar Berbatov: 'We are Trying to Surprise People in All Possible Ways'
- » Grigor Dimitrov Only A Step Away From TOP 10
- » Boryana Kaleyn 4th in the Rhythmic Gymnastics All-Around in Portugal