Krasimir Balakov Named New Litex Coach
Bulgaria's legendary 1994 World Cup midfielder Krasimir Balakov is the new head coach of Litex Lovech.
Balakov's contract will be for 2 years and will start on June 10. He replaces Serbian manager Miodrag Jesic, whose contract was not renewed.
Litex finished the Bulgarian League in 3rd place this season, which means the team will play in the Europa League qualifying rounds.
Balakov, who was a legend playing for Stuttgart (1995-2003), has coached a number of European teams like Grasshopper, St. Gallen, Hajduk Split, and Kaiserslautern. In Bulgaria, he led Chernomorets Burgas from 2008 to 2010.
- » Boyan Petrov Eyes Everest Despite Car Accident
- » Owner of Bulgaria's Biggest Telecom Acquires Levski Football Club
- » Pironkova Gets Off to a Good Start at US Open
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Retains 24th Spot in ATP Ranking
- » Ina Ananieva: All we do, we do it for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Rhythmic Gymnastics Team Receives Warm Welcome at Sofia Airport