Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Bulgaria's Presidential Hopefuls: The Low-Profile Candidates (Part 3)
- » Presidential Elections: Bulgaria's Controversial Ex-PM 'Asked DPS for Support'
- » Bulgaria to Keep CCTV Cameras in Polling Stations Off on Election Day
- » Iraqi PM Declines Offer of Turkish Help in Battle for Mosul
- » Bulgaria Getting Ready for Mass Refugee Influx
- » Canada Abolishes Visas for Bulgarians As Of December 1, 2017