Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Bulgaria, U.S. to Hold Joint Exercise at Novo Selo Training Site Oct.20-Dec.15
- » EU Working Hard on Bulgaria's Accession to Schengen, Tusk Tells Borisov
- » Bulgarian DefMin Hopes Contract on Repair of MiG-29 Jets to be Ratified by End of Month
- » NATO Defence Ministers Agree to Set Up Two More Force Integration Units
- » Bulgaria to Give Flight Passengers' Data to US
- » Bulgaria President Says Support for Macedonia 'Not Unconditional'