Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » EU Migration Commissioner to Visit Bulgaria's Elhovo
- » NATO Ministers Agree to Beef up Defence Posture on Eastern Flank
- » Bulgaria Plans Deeper Army Involvement in Guarding of Borders
- » Bulgaria MPs Grant National Security Body Right to Process Passengers Flight Data
- » Bulgaria to Use 'All Its Resources' to Support Bokova's UN Candidacy
- » Defence Ministers Expected to Agree on Enhanced NATO Presence in East