Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Another ex-MP Leaving Bulgaria's Patriotic Front
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Calls for Debate on Military Spending
- » Bulgaria Govt Sending Mixed Signals about Next EU Commissioner Pick
- » Bulgaria, Croatia Call for Speeding Up Reform in EU Accession Countries
- » Bulgarian MEP Barekov Promises Free iPhones in Schools
- » Israeli Embassy in Sofia Condemns Lukovmarch