Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Consumption of Illicit Cigarettes in Bulgaria Registers Decrease
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain Syrian Refugees Hidden in Romanian Truck
- » Planned Rise in Vignette Stickers’ Price Prompts Protests in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Could Send up to 1000 Troops to Border if Migrant Wave Surges
- » Interior Minister Notes 2.5-Fold Increase of Migratory Flow Through Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Parliament Ratifies Agreement on Repair of MiG-29 Fighter Jets