Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Bulgaria Will Need BGN 24 M to Repair Two MiG-29s in 2015
- » Bulgaria Foreign Ministry Spokesperson to Join Top Media Watchdog
- » 5 CEE Countries, incl. Bulgaria, Demand More Power from EU to Fight VAT Fraud
- » EU Commission Transfers BGN 557 M to Bulgaria under Environment OP
- » Mayors of Small Municipalities Object to Distribution of Funding under Regions in Growth OP
- » Bulgaria Socialist Leader Takes Shocking Pictures of Bulgaria-Serbia Road