Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Bulgaria’s Tsetska Tsacheva To Participate in 4th World Conference of Speakers of Parliament
- » Poland to Overhaul Six Bulgarian MiG-29 Fighter Jets by end-2016
- » Bulgaria Ready to Increase Number of Troops Assisting Border Police
- » Poland’s Defense Minister to Meet with Bulgarian Counterpart in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Gendarmerie to Assist in Guarding Border with Turkey
- » Troops Sent to Help Patrol Bulgaria-Macedonia Border Only Have Monitoring Functions