Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Bulgarian Nationalist Party Ataka Demands Severing Dependence on IMF, World Bank
- » Bulgaria Without Censorship Promises to Create 1M Jobs by 2022
- » Bulgaria’s President: Failure to Form Govt Would Lead to Disaster
- » Six Parties Likely To Enter Parliament – Poll
- » CEC Warns That Selfies In Polling Stations Are Forbidden
- » EU Envoy Confident Canada Working to Resolve Bulgaria Visa Concerns