Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Bulgaria’s Ex-President Parvanov Hints at Possibility to Run Again
- » Bulgarian Project Wins Natura 2000 Award
- » New Deputy Agriculture Minister to Oversee EU's Fisheries Policy in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria IntMin Reports 30 % Drop in Number of Illegal Migrants in 2016
- » Bulgaria’s Garmen Braces for New Protest against Illegal Roma Dwellings
- » Bulgarian Socialists to Decide at Referendum on Left-wing Alliance for Presidential Vote