Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » EU Grants EUR 1.9 M to Bulgaria for Flood Recovery
- » Bulgaria MP Committee Turns Down Constitutional Changes
- » Bulgaria, Ukraine Presidents Agree to Renew Sofia-Kiev Flights
- » Greece’s Stability Important for Bulgaria, Borisov Tells Tusk
- » Stoltenberg Sees No Immediate Threat to any NATO Member State - BNR
- » Bulgarian, Ukrainian FMs Discuss Possible Launching of Ferry on Danube