Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » UN Top Job: Bulgaria Dropped Bokova Partly 'at Urge of Berlin' - FT
- » Bulgaria Only Took In 6 Migrants from Greece Since September
- » Bulgaria's PM, UK DefMin Discuss Migrant Readmission Agreements
- » Bulgaria's PM 'Not Commenting' Reports of Parliament Speaker's Presidential Nomination
- » UN System Is Broken, Not Broke, Georgieva Tells Politico
- » Bokova to Continue UN Race Despite Bulgaria's Change of Candidate