Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Parliament Passes Pension Insurance Changes amid Bitter Disputes
- » Bulgaria MPs Move to Hike Maximum Insurable Earnings
- » Bulgaria's GERB Postpones Controversial Changes to Pension Insurance
- » Bulgarian PM Discusses Energy Projects at EU Council
- » EU Provides Financial Aid for Integration of Immigrants in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Parliament Adopts Changes to IntMin Act at First Reading