Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Financial Supervision Commission Chair, ECB Vice-President Discuss Troubled Bulgarian Bank KTB
- » Boyko Borisov Threatens To Return Mandate
- » Bulgaria Counts on Austria's Support for Schengen Bid - PM
- » Parliament Starts Debate on Budget Overhaul, C-Bank's Report on KTB
- » President Plevneliev Begins Consultations with Parties Friday
- » Bulgaria, Austria Back South Stream Project Compliant With EU Law