Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Reformist Bloc Effort to Form Bulgarian Govt Prompts Mixed Reaction
- » Bulgaria's Bokova Enters Politico's List of People 'Shaking the World'
- » Another Sofia Deputy Mayor Steps Down
- » Bulgarian MP Proposes Cut in Party Subsidies
- » Bulgarian President's Chief of Staff 'Tipped as Caretaker PM'
- » Bulgaria Calls on EU Commission to Prepare for Possible Migrant Inflow from Turkey