Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » One in Four Bulgarians to Vote for GERB in Next Elections – Poll
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
- » Fiasco and Hope After Bulgarian Government Resignation - Der Standard
- » President Rosen Plevneliev Urges Full Disclosure of 'KTB Files'
- » President Plevneliev: Parliament to Solve Key Tasks Before Dissolution
- » GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate