Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Bulgaria's Ex-PM Has Highest Approval Rating - Poll
- » Bulgarian Cartoonists Launch New Satirical Newspaper amid Election Campaign
- » Harsh UK Immigration Plan amid Fear 'Half of Bulgaria and Romania' Will Come
- » Five Parties to Enter Parliament in Bulgaria's Early Election - Poll
- » Bulgaria's Election Officials Play Down Machine Voting Failure
- » Electronic Voting Scrapped in Bulgaria's Snap Election