Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Bulgaria to Spend BGN 24 M on Providing All Citizens with State Emails
- » PM Borisov, PES Leader Discuss Migrant Crisis, Bulgaria's Schengen Accession
- » Two Bulgarians Get Jail Terms in Sweden for Running Begging Scheme
- » Bulgaria Urges EU to Help Normalize Traffic at Border with Greece
- » Bulgaria to Contribute EUR 50 000 to EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa
- » Bulgarian FM Has No Information on Turkey Banning Entry of DPS Founder, MP