Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Bulgarian MPs Convene for First Plenary Sitting After Summer Recess
- » World Bank to Help Bulgaria Improve Absorption of EU Funds
- » Repair of MiG-29s by Poland to Cost Nearly Half of Price Sought by Russia – DefMin Nenchev
- » Bulgaria's Defence Minister Calls for Concept on Counteracting Hybrid Threats
- » No 'Bulgarian Roots' of Austrian Smuggling Ring, IntMin Says
- » Bulgaria Plans to Initiate EU Discussion to Make Anti-IS Strategy More Efficient