Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Bulgaria PM Takes Over Preparations for EU Presidency
- » UK Futurist: Bulgaria's Bokova Has Chance to Win UN Top Job Race
- » Bulgaria's New Border Police Chief Takes Over after Public Tender Scanal
- » Bulgaria's Govt OKs Tightening Rules in Some Migrant Centers
- » Air Force Ex-Chief Challenges Bulgaria PM over Presidential Vote
- » Bulgarian Socialists Approve Presidential Nomination of Ex Air Force Chief