Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » IHS Jane: Pakistan Jet Fighters Deal 'Politically Difficult' for Bulgaria
- » Head of Bulgaria's Security Agency DANS also Steps Down
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry's Chief Secretary Resigns
- » Bulgaria to Take Part in Two Multinational Drills in Ukraine
- » Over 1,000 Old Cars Rotting in Sofia
- » Finland Shouldn't Rule Out NATO Membership, PM Says