Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Bulgaria, Montenegro to Boost Cooperation in Culture
- » Bulgarian Parliament Adopts Changes to Electronic Communications Act
- » EU Launches Proceeding on Agricultural Land Ownership Laws in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Fails to Address Shortcomings in Treatment of Prisoners, Conditions of Detention - CoE
- » Bulgaria Parliament Appoints New Audit Office Head
- » Bulgaria 'Stage of Hybrid War over Ukraine,' Official Report Says