Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Bulgarian MPs to Vote on Anti-Terror Bill
- » Left-wing Parties in Bulgaria Unable to Propose Joint Presidential Nomination - Analyst
- » Bulgaria Takes to Court Three Syrians on Charges of Terrorism
- » EC Appoints Bulgaria’s Charlina Vitcheva Deputy Director-General at Joint Research Centre
- » Bulgaria to Assume EU Presidency 6 Months Earlier
- » Second Straw Poll on UN Top Job Candidates Next Week