Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » Bulgaria Calls on Turkey to Start Implementing Readmission Agreement with EU
- » Swiss Parliament President to Visit Bulgaria Next Week
- » Energy Projects in Focus of Bulgarian, Russian Foreign Ministers’ Meeting
- » Bulgaria Heightens Security at Transport Hubs Despite Lack of Direct Terrorist Threat
- » Bulgarian FM to Meet Lavrov at Black Sea Economic Cooperation Council
- » Bulgarian President Reaffirms Support for Ukraine’s European Future