Bulgaria's GERB Renegade MP Quits Party Again
Daniel Georgiev, MP of Bulgaria's center-right opposition GERB has again filed his resignation, Tuesday.
Georgiev has become notorious for quitting and than returning to his party a few times in just 24 hours last week. Within that time he was torn between the parliamentary opposition and Bulgaria without Censorship, the new party of journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov.
GERB has already expelled Georgiev from the party with a move that was unanimously backed by GERB's executive committee.
It remains unclear whether Daniel Georgiev will join another parliamentary group or will become an independent MP, Standart news reports.
- » PACE Pre-Electoral Delegation Urges Bulgarians to Vote on Oct 5
- » Bulgaria Adopts EUR 113.5 M Maritime and Fisheries Program 2014-2020
- » Bulgaria without Censorship 'to Block Border with Turkey' before Elections
- » Smaller Parties 'to Deliver Surprises' at Early Elections - Expert
- » NATO Warships to Drop Anchor in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Finance Ministry Holding Talks on EUR 800 M Loan by EIB