Dismal First Round Exit for Dimitrov in French Open
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov will look to forget this year's French Open quickly, after suffering a disappointing loss (4:6, 5:7, 6:7) to Ivo Karlovic in the first round.
Dimitrov, seeded 11th in the tournament, was unable to counter the powerful serve of his 211-cm Croatian opponent. Besides his strong serves, Karlovic was brave in coming forward at the net and constantly pressured the young Bulgarian.
In the key moments of the first two sets, Dimitrov was unable to demonstrate his best game, and Karlovic took advantage of this. In the third set, things were decided in a tie break, where again the big Croatian was on top.
Following this early loss, Dimitrov will most likely drop a few places in the ATP ranking, depending on how the players right behind him progress.
- » Bulgaria's Slavia, Beroe Achieve Victory, Draw in Europa League Qualifiers
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Moves into 3rd Round of Wimbledon Tournament
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Ousted in First Round of Wimbledon
- » CSKA Sofia Returns to Bulgaria's Top Football Division
- » Bulgarian Defender Ivan Ivanov joins Greece’s Football Club Panathinaikos
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Makes It Past Wimbledon's 1st Round