Dismal First Round Exit for Dimitrov in French Open
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov will look to forget this year's French Open quickly, after suffering a disappointing loss (4:6, 5:7, 6:7) to Ivo Karlovic in the first round.
Dimitrov, seeded 11th in the tournament, was unable to counter the powerful serve of his 211-cm Croatian opponent. Besides his strong serves, Karlovic was brave in coming forward at the net and constantly pressured the young Bulgarian.
In the key moments of the first two sets, Dimitrov was unable to demonstrate his best game, and Karlovic took advantage of this. In the third set, things were decided in a tie break, where again the big Croatian was on top.
Following this early loss, Dimitrov will most likely drop a few places in the ATP ranking, depending on how the players right behind him progress.
- » The Municipality of Burgas is Working on the Rescue of Local Football
- » Dimitar Berbatov will Join a Former Teammate and Coach in India
- » Successful Start For Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov in Cincinnati Masters Tennis Tournament
- » Klitchko Revealed why he Gave up Boxing
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Received a Ban for Five Matches
- » Dimitar Dimitorv "Hero" was Appointed as the New Manager of Ludogorets