Dismal First Round Exit for Dimitrov in French Open
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov will look to forget this year's French Open quickly, after suffering a disappointing loss (4:6, 5:7, 6:7) to Ivo Karlovic in the first round.
Dimitrov, seeded 11th in the tournament, was unable to counter the powerful serve of his 211-cm Croatian opponent. Besides his strong serves, Karlovic was brave in coming forward at the net and constantly pressured the young Bulgarian.
In the key moments of the first two sets, Dimitrov was unable to demonstrate his best game, and Karlovic took advantage of this. In the third set, things were decided in a tie break, where again the big Croatian was on top.
Following this early loss, Dimitrov will most likely drop a few places in the ATP ranking, depending on how the players right behind him progress.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid
- » Milos Raonic Will Compete With Grigor Dimitrov
- » Marseille to Face Atletico Madrid in Europa League Final